Your recent gaming purchases

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Cobra!
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Cobra! »

I recently got myself a new gaming PC with a bunch of games with it, most notably Sonic Generations, I delve into it expecting something mediocre, any new Sega game I've played before that have been that, but I surprisingly found it really addicting! I found the story to be very stupid, but the gameplay more than made up for that! I also got FIFA 12, PES 2012, NBA 2K12, Driver San Francisco, and pre-ordered Rayman Origins.

I've been getting myself a lot of Dreamcast games lately as well, I finally got a working Copy of Shenmue 2, I also got Sonic Adventure 2, Crazy Taxi 2, Re-Volt, Quake III Arena and NBA Showtime:NBA on NBC. All of which I've been enjoying a lot!

I suppose this kind of counts as it's related to games, but aren't actually games, I've been having a Strategy Guide craze lately, I got sick of looking up walkthroughs online when I'm stuck in a game, so I'm getting Strategy Guides for every game I've yet to complete, I got to many to name, but so far they've been proven very helpful.

This all may sound a lot and that I'm spoilt, but it's been a while since I've been here, and a lot has happened in that time.
Don't you EVER forget the "!" in "Cobra!"! Unless you're refering me as "Cobradabest".
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: Bruh

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

Jeez, you got the motherload. XD Also good to see you back man.

As far as what you've got, I especially like Re-Volt. Not for everyone but I always liked the concept that you're playing as a tiny little toy in a big house. Kinda like from I guess a 'mouse' perspective. Toy Commander does that too, check that one out.

Edit: Went back to Trade Days today to take another look around. Same people pretty much but I got Sonic Chaos for Game Gear..whiiich I am selling to a friend of mine to get my 3 dollars back. XD Basically I bought a GG with Streets Of Rage 2 and then bought Sonic Chaos from someone else. Turns out the GG didn't work, so I got my money back for it but I'm still stuck with Sonic Chaos.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Kid Icarus: Uprising for the 3DS (obviously) also got Ys: Oath in Felghana and Lara Croft Guardian of Light or whatever, plus DLC on the PC.

Ys is too good.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Is Kid Icarus any good? Will pick it up eventually I reckon, but want an opinion that isn't from a website going OMFG IT'S AMAZING! Something a little more constructive would be nice XD
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Gavvie wrote:Is Kid Icarus any good? Will pick it up eventually I reckon, but want an opinion that isn't from a website going OMFG IT'S AMAZING! Something a little more constructive would be nice XD
OMFG IT'S AMAZING!

It's pretty good, the air battles are really awesome, they look gorgeous and play fantastically (a bit like Sin and Punishment). It gets a bit more awkward during the land segments, the controls are kinda weird but you'll get used to them eventually, the graphics also take a hit as you start to see the rather bad textures. Naturally being a HAL labs game means it has collectables and extras coming out the ass. The music is great, and the dialogue and voice acting is just perfect.
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: Bruh

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

Went to the thrift store. What'd I get?

Super Smash Bros Melee and Namco Museum for 2 bucks each. Both perfect condition. HUZZAH!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Wrath Oskvro wrote: Super Smash Bros Melee and Namco Museum for 2 bucks each. Both perfect condition. HUZZAH!
Nice find. I picked up a Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 arcade stick today.

Why? Because the wire on my Hori Fighting Stick 3 was getting a bit frayed.

And it's sexy.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

Yeah that's nice, got a couple of them for the PS2. Should get one for my 360 one day though. How much was it?
Tic Tac, sir?
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Killer French Bread wrote:Yeah that's nice, got a couple of them for the PS2. Should get one for my 360 one day though. How much was it?
On the shelf - well, floor - it was marked at £85 so I umm-ed and ahhhh-ed for a bit. Eventually I took it to the till and the chap behind the counter commented "Oh, this has the wrong price on it; it's only £70."

Ideally I'd get a stick for my 360 too. I already have one for my Wii after all (no idea why). A 360 stick would make a lot more sense: Especially since I have a few shooters on there now: Dodonpachi, Deathsmiles, Triggerheart Excelia.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

How are you finding Donpachi (Resurrection I presume)? Took me a while to get to grips with the scoring and I'd played some of cave's crazier stuff by then.
Tic Tac, sir?