Your recent "other" purchases

What it says on the tin...
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Quills on Wheels wrote:So I got into YuGiOh....

Always watched the anime. Never got into the actual game. Decided to give it a shot though since my friends got into a nostalgia trip again and brought their decks. So I went ahead and bought a Cyber Dragon deck.

Game's pretty.. interesting.
Don't tell me you got into Zexal. I find it crap.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

I like YuGiOh. Loved the original series and GX. Never liked 5d and coudnt be bother following it after that.

I really want to collect the cards, make my own deck. But I ant commit, to much money.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

TheChaosBlue wrote:Don't tell me you got into Zexal. I find it crap.
Nah. Didn't even touch Zexal. I no longer watch the YuGiOh anime anyways. Was a big fan of the original and GX. Heard 5Ds was popular but I never got into it and didn't even bother with Zexal. Apparently a new one's coming now too which is also assumed to be crap. The latest series have taken on a much more childish approach and also ruined the actual game with the introduction of "xyz monsters", reason why the game isn't as popular any more. The classic cards are no longer worth using. Heck even powerful classics like the god cards and Exodia are quite a joke. The banish zone is no longer a big threat either and in my case, is even better than the graveyard.
Nevertheless, I'm afraid if you want a chance to compete with others, you gotta learn and use those cards.
Gonic wrote:I like YuGiOh. Loved the original series and GX. Never liked 5d and coudnt be bother following it after that.

I really want to collect the cards, make my own deck. But I ant commit, too much money.
Not really. Getting a simple deck is easy. All you gotta do is just buy one of the structure decks they sell. It's a full deck based around a type and there are heaaaaps of structure decks; zombie deck, blue eyes white dragon deck, classic deck, etc. So for example I bought the Cyber Dragon Structure deck for like 20 bucks. It already had 42 cards (full deck) in it and may I add that they're powerful.

Everyone starts off this way. You don't go and buy every card yourself, though once you have your basic deck, you can make it stronger by buying boosters or, if you rather, buy the actual card. Also don't think just because it's a starter deck, it's weak. You'll be able to do very good with just the structure deck if you can pull off all your moves and are lucky, or as I like to say, if you believe in the heart of cards. ;)

As far as money goes, unless you want to go around buying the rarest cards and wanting to compete with world champions, then you won't need to spend a lot of money at all. It's good to compete with friends and join your local YuGiOh tournament for the fun. Though like I said, the game aint as great as it used to be before Zexal.

EDIT: In my case here, I only bought the structure deck and 2 boosters which I only used two cards from and added them to my deck. So far I've been doing great and have been able to be on the top of all my friends (who have been collecting for years. Mind you their decks are classic. They don't have any xyz or synchro monsters) and beaten a few randoms online. I may plan to buy the structure deck again to double some of my cards and also buy a few more fusion monsters, but that's it.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Bought a chocolate fellapuchino from Starbucks today.
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

Could of swore i posted this here. Nearly 2 years on from my Galaxy S3 i picked up a new upgrade

£40 a month with a free Galaxy 3 Tab for Unlimited Mins, texts & 3Gb of 4G data. First 3 months are unlimited so will be using it for home net as BT are crap.

Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Matty wrote:Could of swore i posted this here. Nearly 2 years on from my Galaxy S3 i picked up a new upgrade

£40 a month with a free Galaxy 3 Tab for Unlimited Mins, texts & 3Gb of 4G data. First 3 months are unlimited so will be using it for home net as BT are crap.
Ha nice!

I'm still waiting for the Galaxy S Note 4 to come out so I can upgrade from my S2 lol.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

@Quills

I'm aware of the structure decks, after all I might pick it up again when the new E-Heroes deck comes out. I just don't like the thought of having to spend £4 to get that one card i need on boosters, even more if I decide to buy them as singles.

Its cheaper just to buy the actual videogames anyway :P
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

Quills on Wheels wrote:Ha nice!

I'm still waiting for the Galaxy S Note 4 to come out so I can upgrade from my S2 lol.
I was thinking of holding out for a Note 4 but i couldn't wait :P
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Matty wrote:I was thinking of holding out for a Note 4 but i couldn't wait :P
Ahah yeah same. I wanted to buy the Note 3 but then I realised I needed to wait cause I didn't have money and now that I do, I might as well wait till the Note 4 comes out.
Gonic wrote:@Quills

I'm aware of the structure decks, after all I might pick it up again when the new E-Heroes deck comes out. I just don't like the thought of having to spend £4 to get that one card i need on boosters, even more if I decide to buy them as singles.

Its cheaper just to buy the actual videogames anyway :P
...A new E-Heroes deck? Waaaaat?
*checks internet*
...O_O.... Well I know what I'm buying next...

Yeah E Heroes are good. Good choice. As for single cards, it depends what you're going for, if it's something common it shouldn't be more than a buck. The stuff that cost 4 bucks or higher are usually rare cards with special framing or whatever. That said though, like mentioned before, yes if you are going to go and start looking for specific cards, you're gonna be spending more money than you'll most likely want.

I can also suggest to you to check out YGOPro. It's a free fan made YuGiOh game where you can make a digitaldeck and verse other people online. Me and my friends play in it but we use the decks we own in real life. You can use any card you want though for free so this is the easy way to have some fun. Fair warning though, most people there are super pros, since their decks consist of the best cards.

As for myself, I went and bought the Samurai Warlords Structure deck.

I'd heard good things about this deck and figured i'll buy it since creating a good Cyber Dragon deck is hard. I also went and bought some single cards like Mirror force, Bottomless trap hole and Creature swap. I'll be adding those to strengthen the deck and I reckon I'm sorted.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

There is no justification for this purchase: was in bargain booze looking for some pringles to go with the red stripe I was buying and noticed the Panini World Cup sticker album. I had to have it. Bought a stack of stickers to go with it too. Unsuprisingly no England players, but I have got half the Japanese team and the Croatia shiney.
Tic Tac, sir?