What Are You Playing Now?

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

I did attempt to play Kingdom Heart 1.5 ReMIX...nope didn't like it.

Eternal Sonata on the other hand...my word that game looks gorgeous.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

TheChaosBlue wrote:I did attempt to play Kingdom Heart 1.5 ReMIX...nope didn't like it.

Eternal Sonata on the other hand...my word that game looks gorgeous.
Yea but whatever it did well graphically is ruined when characters animate like they're string puppets. In fact, that's offensive to puppetry, Thunder Birds was way better animated. Plus the rest of the game is pretty bad as well.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Reknoc wrote:Yea but whatever it did well graphically is ruined when characters animate like they're string puppets. In fact, that's offensive to puppetry, Thunder Birds was way better animated. Plus the rest of the game is pretty bad as well.
Oh is that so? That's too bad. Thanks for your opinion though.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Reknoc wrote:Yea but whatever it did well graphically is ruined when characters animate like they're string puppets. In fact, that's offensive to puppetry, Thunder Birds was way better animated. Plus the rest of the game is pretty bad as well.
Music's cracking though. And if you'll letting something as minor as the character animation get in the way of enjoying a game then, well, chill out a little, yo.

I need to go back and finish Eternal Sonata. (Or start it again.)
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Kaito-kun wrote:Music's cracking though. And if you'll letting something as minor as the character animation get in the way of enjoying a game then, well, chill out a little, yo.

I need to go back and finish Eternal Sonata. (Or start it again.)
No character animation is just a pet peeve of mine, especially in otherwise good looking games. It ruins it, especially as conversations are big parts in RPGs and so many have such horrendous character animation (eternal sonata, tales of, mass effect) to the point where I'd say Kingdom Hearts HD is a better looking game despite being quite old.

My actual problems with Eternal Sonata were the restrictions it put on the combat as the game went on made it less fun, the combat got too repetitive and annoying against fodder enemies. Also the dungeons were boringly designed and not really fun to explore (also because of enemies).

but yea good music, also the factoids about chopin were nice.

----------------

on a more positive note; started playing Metal Gear Solid 3 HD. After finishing Ground Zeroes I decided to load up the free copy of Peace Walker HD I got with it (it's amazing) but while I was playing I just felt "NO I NEED TO PLAY METAL GEAR SOLID 3 RIGHT NOW" so I quit out and immediately went to the PSN store and bought MGS3 HD and download all 10 fucking GBs of it (god damn). Glad I did though, game is still the greatest of all time. It might be actually impossible for Kojima to even hope to top MGS3 without like, just straight up remaking it with the open world of The Phantom Pain.

I GIVE MY LIFE NOT FOR HONOUR BUT FOR YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

A good few hours into FFX HD now, just reached Macalania forest, just a few gripes with the game

1) Lip Syncing - Why not include the Jap audio if you aren't going to redo lip sync? I know it's so it will fit on a Vita card but in that case why not redo it? Or let the PS3 have it but not the Vita? Lazy lazy!

2) Texture clipping - more laziness? It seems to happen a lot, characters will lean & the clothes will just melt through the clothes, Lulu's belts a good indicator, when she bows at the end of a battle the belts just absorb into the other ones, Yuna's skirt too loves to clip through herself.

3) Loading screens - I don't recall the PS2 version doing so much loading, granted it wasn't fluid but it didn't lump a few seconds of loading onto you every time you go through a door.

____

Only small problems but they're noticeable & annoy me when i think about them, how could the game take this long when it's so badly optimised?
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

While everyone is playing Final Fantasy 10 again, I decided to pick up 12. Quite enjoying it, provides a challenge that I find 10 was lacking in some aspects.

I also tried Tomb Raider (2013). Was put off this case of opinions from reviewers and some other peeps. Having tried it myself, I came to this conclusion.

Its an okay game. Its just a terrible Tomb Raider game. This felt more like Uncharted, Tomb Raider was never about the combat, it was about clever platforming and solving some cool puzzles!
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Been playing Resident Evil 6. When I first got this on PC I didn't like it, tried it again but with a controller and it makes it a little more enjoyable as it's easier to dodge and shit. finished Leon's Zombie Kicking Adventure and moved onto Chris of Duty: Modern B.O.Wfare. Bosses for Leon were so lacking and like, 75% of them were the same dude that refused to die (though one stage was hilarious), on the plus side his partner is voice by Laura Bailey *swoon* ~~~~~~~
Gonic wrote:While everyone is playing Final Fantasy 10 again, I decided to pick up 12. Quite enjoying it, provides a challenge that I find 10 was lacking in some aspects.

I also tried Tomb Raider (2013). Was put off this case of opinions from reviewers and some other peeps. Having tried it myself, I came to this conclusion.

Its an okay game. Its just a terrible Tomb Raider game. This felt more like Uncharted, Tomb Raider was never about the combat, it was about clever platforming and solving some cool puzzles!
Pretty much, the combat is also ridiculously easy so not even the combat is that exciting. some of the "optional tombs" were okay, shame the rest of the game wasn't like that.

And FFXII is secret best FF
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Reknoc wrote: Leon's Zombie Kicking Adventure and moved onto Chris of Duty: Modern B.O.Wfare. Bosses for Leon were so lacking and like, 75% of them were the same dude that refused to die (though one stage was hilarious)
Hahahaha that's pretty much it.
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

Rayman.
I never used to be this bad at it. I'm getting through most of the levels with just 1 life average.