(Finally) The SEGA Events/News Thread!

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

Quills on Wheels wrote:SEGA has probably brought back their retro games to today's consoles more then any company. That's what I hate about them. They just keep bringing in their old games into every single new console just to drain some money out of it instead of actually focusing on creating other games. I doubt ANY company has done this as much as SEGA.
What about Nintendo?
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Quills on Wheels wrote:SEGA has probably brought back their retro games to today's consoles more then any company. That's what I hate about them. They just keep bringing in their old games into every single new console just to drain some money out of it instead of actually focusing on creating other games. I doubt ANY company has done this as much as SEGA.
Uh, Nintendo? And by 'focusing on creating other games' you mean SEGA should be focusing on more Sonic titles, because honestly that is most what they have seem to be doing a lot more as of late, with other exceptions of course.

And yeah, they are making a profit. That's kinda what SEGA needs to do after their recent troubles..
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: Bruh

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

I don't really mind what they're doing to be honest..but I would like to see the resurrection of some of their franchises. Like Shinobi. I know they've got one for the 3DS now but c'mon WE NEED MORE :P Ninja Gaiden is cool but IMO, Ryu Hayabusa's got nothing on Joe Musashi. I also wouldn't mind another Altered Beast or Golden Axe (Beast Rider doesn't count)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Uh, you do realise that SEGA themselves have very little input, development wise, on this right? It's hardly draining resources for them. Also bearing in mind they're working on PSO2, Yakuza 5, and no doubt a new Sonic game is probably already in the works.
Dr Shaneman wrote:What about Nintendo?
Not really. Other than the two Virtual Console stores, Nintendo seem to care very little about rereleasing their old games.
Starlight
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Starlight »

Some of their obscure stuff need to be released though, as some of their cult classics haven't really been appreciated by the masses, and if they can profit from it more power to them, and I think they balance it out pretty well as of late.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Starlight wrote:Some of their obscure stuff need to be released though, as some of their cult classics haven't really been appreciated by the masses
If they had been appreciated by the masses in the first place then they wouldn't be cult classics, would they?
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Taken from news post:
From Andriasang there's been more names that has been offically trademarked, and these come as a bit of a suprise. Firstly, you know that three-way crossover title that SEGA is developing with Namco Bandai and Capcom together? Well, it seems to have a name, and via Andriasang, and it's "Project X Zone" (or "Project Cross Zone" if you can't stand the lone use of the 'X' in the title)

Now the site is reporting the use of this name is quite fitting, given the fact in the URL of the teaser site the letters "rxz" are found. So it's probably a given that the crossover title might be getting the name.

Now the other trademarked name, this one by SEGA themselves, will instantly remind you of a certain beloved SEGA franchise...Fling of the Dead. Ring any bells? And no it's not another elaborate title like Bass Fishing of the Dead though I would think that game be an absolute sell out. Yup, it appears, given the nature of the title, this might become a touch-heavy version of the cult rail-gun shooter, that may be coming to an iOS or Android device near you!
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Flick of the Dead? Man, if I had iOS or Android....sounds like it's the same deal with Typing of the Dead.

Project X Zone? Not into fighters all that much, but it's interesting to see who those DNA strands belong to, in a sense.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Section taken from news post:
It has been a hectic number of weeks since SEGA of Japan went into financial troubles, and among the major restructuring of both U.S. and U.K. branches, there were unfortunately lots of lay-offs, with many employees sequentially fired. And with the disappointing exit of SEGA of America's Kate Burning, there is conformation that SEGA Europe's lone community manger Laurie Cooper has now parted ways with the company....
Read more here
Now I know I'm from America but really, I gotta give props for what SEGA Eurpoe's community team has done for the time they had done. And because of this financial situation, it's sad for something like this to happen...
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

So... Sega of Europe... Dead.

Sega of America... next target?