Sonic Co-Creator now works for Mario

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Quills on Wheels wrote:Hmmm true true...
Looks like your dreams are crushed then?
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

TheChaosBlue wrote:Looks like your dreams are crushed then?
Na. Not really. My dream was to one day join Sonic Team and be part of creating better Sonic games for the future. I never really cared about seeing other people.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Quills on Wheels wrote:Na. Not really. My dream was to one day join Sonic Team and be part of creating better Sonic games for the future. I never really cared about seeing other people.

Technically, your dream does involve 'seeing' Sonic Team, how else would you meet/join them? :P

And what's your peferred role with Sonic Team in light of your dream, sound designer, programmer....?
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

TheChaosBlue wrote:And what's your peferred role with Sonic Team in light of your dream, sound designer, programmer....?
Preferably programmer. Sadly, I have no idea whatsoever about programming and coding in games. I guess they would teach me that in Uni but even so, I think the best thing for me would the concept artist or graphics designer.
Afterall, I've devoted most of my artistic skill to Sonic.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

You forgot another thing you'll need to do before joining Sonic Team, BSF: You'll need to master the Japanese language. I doubt any company would hire someone into a creative office environment who can't communicate with anyone else working on the project.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Kaito-kun wrote:You forgot another thing you'll need to do before joining Sonic Team, BSF: You'll need to master the Japanese language. I doubt any company would hire someone into a creative office environment who can't communicate with anyone else working on the project.
Nintendo would! But only if you manage to create something brilliant.
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

Kaito-kun wrote:You forgot another thing you'll need to do before joining Sonic Team, BSF: You'll need to master the Japanese language. I doubt any company would hire someone into a creative office environment who can't communicate with anyone else working on the project.
Unless you work for Sony of Europe.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Hmmm that has come into my mind as well. I have a terrible feeling I won't master Japanese until then. That's why I've been saying I would join "SEGA" in general and not Sonic Team. There is the big chance of me not getting into Japan. My hopes are up for the American branch of SEGA.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Quills on Wheels wrote:Hmmm that has come into my mind as well. I have a terrible feeling I won't master Japanese until then. That's why I've been saying I would join "SEGA" in general and not Sonic Team. There is the big chance of me not getting into Japan. My hopes are up for the American branch of SEGA.
That sounds a bit more plasuible, I figure you would work "generally" with SEGA, but still within the Sonic series.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

TheChaosBlue wrote:That sounds a bit more plasuible, I figure you would work "generally" with SEGA, but still within the Sonic series.
Yes. That's the general plan.

What better in reaching my dream of Biggest Sonic Fan then actually working on Sonic Titles.