Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Sonic Co-Creator now works for Mario

Post by Gonic »

Oh the fanboys will love this:

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-missio ... um=twitter

What do you guys think?

Me personally think its great. Im looking forward to seeing what he brings to future Mario games!
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

He's working for nintendo, doesn't really mean hes working on the mario series. In specific hes working for Nintendo of America in Washington, I don't know what studios they have there. He has a great resume. SEGA, Namco, Naughty Dog, now Nintendo. Good for him!
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

I was quite surprised he helped with Jak and Dexter. Learn something new everyday! :D
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Seems like an odd place to go. As far as I'm aware NoA doesn't actually develop any games. Unless they've started working on eStore stuff. He would have been better off going to Retro really.
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

The only studio i could find online that's in Washington state is NSTC. Don;t think he'll go to Retro since its all the way in Austin, Texas.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

RWDebara wrote:The only studio i could find online that's in Washington state is NSTC. Don;t think he'll go to Retro since its all the way in Austin, Texas.
Hm, so yea, eshop games seem the most likely.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

I feel weird. My inner fan boy is annoyed that the creator of Sonic joins forces with the rival. Of course, that's just my inner fan boyism.

I guess I'm happy. I would have rather wished it would have been the other way around though. Currently, SEGA needs better developers. Not Nintendo.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Nintendo of America has HQ in Washington huh? Good for him nevertheless. And he worked on Jak and Daxter, didn't know that. The Sonic purists must be splitting heads...but god forbid what goes on in their heads.
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

Quills on Wheels wrote:My inner fan boy is annoyed that the creator of Sonic joins forces with the rival. Of course, that's just my inner fan boyism.
SEGA lost a long time ago after shooting themselves in the foot, their no longer rivals. Time to grow up.
Quills on Wheels wrote:I would have rather wished it would have been the other way around though. Currently, SEGA needs better developers. Not Nintendo.
Sorry but i would rather work for Nintendo than a failing company that lost its way.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

RWDebara wrote:SEGA lost a long time ago after shooting themselves in the foot, their no longer rivals. Time to grow up.

Sorry but i would rather work for Nintendo than a failing company that lost its way.
Hmmm true true...