Gaming News

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

What are you on about? Of course it's good to speculate that early. That's the whole fun of new consoles. Not that those numbers of RAM or whatever mean anything to normal people. No, rumours should be like they were in the 90s, when people though the Sega Blackbelt was gonna have virtual reality and you controlled it with your eyes. Or that the playstation was gonna actually be made by the japanese government and was gonna be able to read your mind. Or that the Ultra 64 was gonna be banned because the graphics would be too realistic and scare people too much. They were the rumours in my school playground anyway. You didn't need numbers, apart from how many BITS it was. And I don't think anybody actually knows what a BIT is to this day.
Tic Tac, sir?
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Killer French Bread wrote:What are you on about? Of course it's good to speculate that early. That's the whole fun of new consoles. Not that those numbers of RAM or whatever mean anything to normal people. No, rumours should be like they were in the 90s, when people though the Sega Blackbelt was gonna have virtual reality and you controlled it with your eyes. Or that the playstation was gonna actually be made by the japanese government and was gonna be able to read your mind. Or that the Ultra 64 was gonna be banned because the graphics would be too realistic and scare people too much. They were the rumours in my school playground anyway. You didn't need numbers, apart from how many BITS it was. And I don't think anybody actually knows what a BIT is to this day.
For a second I feel sarcasm, joking, or truth. Anyway, okay I'm wrong; early speculation is 'good'. But....really SEGA Blackbelt? XD
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

Seriously never heard of the Sega Blackbelt? It was being made by jews, so was gonna cost loads but the chips inside were made of gold. It could also produce sounds so real only people with two ears could hear them. It could also tell if you'd had a cheeseburger that day. Those were the rumours in my school playground anyway.
Tic Tac, sir?
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Killer French Bread wrote:Seriously never heard of the Sega Blackbelt? It was being made by jews, so was gonna cost loads but the chips inside were made of gold. It could also produce sounds so real only people with two ears could hear them. It could also tell if you'd had a cheeseburger that day. Those were the rumours in my school playground anyway.
No...no I haven't. XD
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Killer French Bread wrote:Seriously never heard of the Sega Blackbelt? It was being made by jews, so was gonna cost loads but the chips inside were made of gold. It could also produce sounds so real only people with two ears could hear them. It could also tell if you'd had a cheeseburger that day. Those were the rumours in my school playground anyway.
I tried imagining myself in as a student in your school's playground. As ridiculous as it may sound, I WOULD believe most of that in that age... except the part where it would tell me if I'd have a cheeseburger that day XD ...
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

There's a shiny new version of Doom 3 coming out on the 360/PS3.

http://kotaku.com/5914239/new-doom-3-fo ... d-displays

Shiny!
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

richarddavies wrote:There's a shiny new version of Doom 3 coming out on the 360/PS3.

http://kotaku.com/5914239/new-doom-3-fo ... d-displays

Shiny!
Neat. Not really my thing, but nice for those who are keen on the franchise.

The HMD thing caught my attention though. Is it referencing that 3D visor Sony quietly released recently?
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

Apparently it will be compatible with some visors/headsets yeah. I'm guessing it's that one. Depends on the price for me. I might give it a go if it's cheap. I've tried playing it twice now to be honest and never bothered to finish it.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

ShopTo put it up for preorder at £28, which isn't that bad considering what's included in the package. Think Doom and Doom II would set you back 1200 MSP on Xbox 360, so you're really only paying £14 for Doom 3 and two expansion packs on that logic.

Worth a preorder, in other words.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

I wonder why this exists. I don't think many really look back at Doom 3 fondly. I wonder if Doom 4 really is in trouble of being cancelled and this is a way to test the waters. Or if RAGE did rather badly and they're attempting to recoup a little with this.

Or both.