Welcome to RadioSEGA, if you are not a member register today!

RadioSEGA
  • News & Features
  • Playlist & Requests
  • Listen to RadioSEGA
  • Shows & Podcasts
  • RadioSEGA Media
  • Community
View RSS Feed

TheBritishAndy

The Next Chapter Of My Life

Rate this Entry
Three months ago I decided to do something that would change my life if it got approved, yesterday evening I received the news that I wanted to hear and boy am I over the moon!
I applied for a Canadian Holiday Working Visa back in early March so I can, of course, work & live in Canada for a year. I got the visa in March/April time after applying for one of the many quotas that were available at the time I was applying on a first come, first serve basis. I manage to get my application just in the nick of time as all the quotas were taken in only a matter of a few minutes, they went like hot cakes pretty much!
After passing through the visa stage I then had to apply for a work permit, it was pretty straight forward to do much like the applying for the visa. Yesterday evening, eight weeks after I applied for my work permit I had a e-mail saying that I got the all clear from the Canadian Government! I was quite literary over the moon when I saw the message saying that I could move to Canada but it didnít officially sink in until I facetimed my girlfriend to tell her the exciting news (she is really over the moon as well lol). Iím planning on leaving for Canada in early to middle August time (havenít picked a date to go yet but I will soon haha), and I shall be moving to the beautiful city of Vancouver as thatís where my family & girlfriend live.

The next step now is to start planning on getting health insurance and pack up some of my things that Iíll be sending off to get Vancouver when Iím there (mainly ice hockey equipment & games consoles haha), and then itís the case of getting on that flight!

This is pretty much a dream come true for me, ever since I first went to Canada on holiday when I was 13 years old. So if anyone reads this that is trying to follow their dreams as well, my advice to you is donít give up on them, keep pursuing them and eventually they will come true. It could take a few to 5, 10 years maybe even a bit longer than that but if there is something you really want to do, something that youíve dreamed for, for so long, donít give up on it and one day itíll happen.

Comments

RadioSEGA is a fan site and is not owned or endorsed by SEGA Corporation.
All music tracks played on this station are © SEGA and/or respective artist(s).
The SEGA logo and all associated characters are © & ™ of SEGA Corporation.

RadioSEGA is © 2009 Mark Kidley and © 2011-2013 Simon Shirley - oh, and probably Gavin Storey too!
Contact Us
About RadioSEGA
Help & Support
Staff Login