The 'Today' Thread

What it says on the tin...
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

Driving along & the back end just snapped out & threw the car into the barrier.

If it were a normal car there might have been some chance but these Le-Man cars are about as strong as paper mache
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

I still don't actually understand how he died...
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

120mph to 0 in half a second in a car that absorbs no impact.
Imagine how much Gforce the body went through.

An F1 Driver had a near 10G crash, but those cars are designed with an impact in mind, these cars aren't.
Pitchshift3r
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Pitchshift3r »

Context: My fiancée has been visiting family up in the Midlands all month (she just finished uni and her birthday is tomorrow).

I originally thought I'd be able to get time off to meet her up there and celebrate her birthday with everyone. I couldn't get the exact days off I needed (I wanted to be travelling there this morning, but the last working day of the month is mad busy at work). But I'm off this weekend and all next week, so I've done something very sneaky. I've booked train tickets for 6am tomorrow so that I'll be able to see her for her birthday, and to stay with her family for a few days (back home on Thursday), but the best bit is that she has NO IDEA I'll be going up there!

Her mum and her sister know I'm coming (got to let them know so that I didn't turn up uninvited!), but my fiancée thinks I'll be home this weekend and is expecting me to call her tomorrow afternoon wishing her a happy birthday. She'll get a surprise when I turn up at noon bearing gifts :D

Only downside is the nearly six hour journey I have to make that early! :(
PSN ID - Prime3k
------------------------------
Twitter - @Prime3k
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

Have a good time & i hope you didn't pay too much, i know London Midland do some cheap tickets if you keep an eye out (even on 12 hours notice i managed Birmingham to London Return for £12!)
Pitchshift3r
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Pitchshift3r »

It's cost me £26 to get there, and £23 to get back on Thursday. Travelling last minute and on a Saturday isn't as cheap as normal, but it's still pretty damn reasonable!
PSN ID - Prime3k
Twitter - @Prime3k
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Pitchshift3r wrote:It's cost me £26 to get there, and £23 to get back on Thursday. Travelling last minute and on a Saturday isn't as cheap as normal, but it's still pretty damn reasonable!
Considering train fares in the country, that sounds somewhat reasonable to me.
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

Yeah, i remember i'd just missed my train back from london & ona saturday it cost me £22 on the platform which wasn't too bad imo. Bit peeved as i'd missed the virgin & had to get the LM but it was half the price of Virgin on platform :/
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Today....I have returned.

During the past day or so, me and my brother went to a BBQ with relatives on Saturday in New Jersey. Lots of food, met more of my family on my father's side; all around good day. Afterwards stayed with a grandmother of ours til today. So that's why I haven't been around for a good two days or so.
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Pitchshift3r
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Pitchshift3r »

I hate you, hayfever :(
PSN ID - Prime3k
Twitter - @Prime3k