The 'Today' Thread

What it says on the tin...
p_nut_uk
Level 5
Level 5

Post by p_nut_uk »

Prinicess Mononoke is awesome! Today it has come to my attention that my house is a dump site because I've been addicted to Payday 2 for the last 2 weeks.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Tried to repeat yesterday's Ghibli success with "Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind". Alas, my manager told me to pack away the telly halfway through my Fraiser double bill. Fun while it lasted.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

Gave a work colleague £3 and asked him to bring be back "Something nice" from his Tesco run. Came back with 3 packs of Doritos, a pack of Fizzy Cola Bottles, some Gummy Bears, Strawberry Laces, and one of those Dairy Milk "Marvelous Creations" bars. Score.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

Which marvellous bar was it? I've heard there's a new one with pretsels in but I haven't actually found one yet.
Tic Tac, sir?
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

Killer French Bread wrote:Which marvellous bar was it? I've heard there's a new one with pretsels in but I haven't actually found one yet.
It was the one with the pretzels in it. Personally, I think it's the worst of the three, but it's by no means bad.
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

There's a pretzel one? That sounds nice! I absolutely loved the popping candy and jelly bean one, but I haven't seen it in ages... They must have stopped doing it :(

I'm trying to limit my chocolate intake at the moment anyway by only eating Freddo's cos they're small. Did you know you can get a popping candy Freddo now?!

I really like popping candy...
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

hmm shame the pretsel bar ain't that special. I'll be trying the poppin freddos if I see em. Everyone loves freddos - couldn't think of what to send my brother one year for his birthday so I sent him a box. He loved it and so did his flatmates who ate just as many.

Had the popcorn with chocolate round the edge before. Pretty good, but because the popcorn is airy and light it doesn't satisfy like, say, peanut M and Ms do. Tasty, but not the best if you are looking to buy bags of nugget shaped confectionary.
Tic Tac, sir?
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

Ah, the Cadbury popcorn? I loved that! You can get it in bags, but the bar stuff tasted nicer to me. The airiness made it feel quite smooth, but then I just adore Cadbury chocolate in general. The Oreo Cadbury bar is quite nice too.

We need a chocolate thread :P
KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

That reminds me of the new Milka cakes and cookies they've been advertising around here.
I really want to try them at some point. Nice cake with Milka chocolate filling? Yes, please!
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

yeah it was the caburys popcorn. I might try and make it myself. Must be fairly easy and cheap. Bag of corn, a bunch of freddos, and for about 2 quid you could have a massive bowl full and not the purse sized serving you get in the shops.
Tic Tac, sir?