New? Introduce Yourself!

What it says on the tin...
Opus Science
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Opus Science »

Hi there. I've just been sent the way of Radio Sega by someone on the UK Retro-Gamer Magazine forum.

Firstly, I just want to say what an amazing thing Radio Sega is. I never knew it existed and furthermore, I didn't realise there were so many people out there who share my appreciation for the massively overlooked talent and creativity that is integral to many Sega projects. Wonderful.

Now the reason I was sent here is that an Electronica group I'm part of (The Opus Science Collective) has been working on The Magical Sound Shower Project, a collection of our favourite 8 and 16 bit Sega tunes, re-imagined in a modern context. We aim to take what are typically 30-60 second soundbites that would be looped in-game and expand them into 3-5 minute songs.

We're not remixing, we're making from scratch, with the odd bit of game sound-effect sampling along the way for good measure.

Our aim is not to make profit from this, but to pay homage to and raise the profile of the talented soundtrack composers working for Sega. Furthermore, we're hoping to salute the great tones and sound palettes of the Yamaha YM2612 Synthesis Chip used in the Mega Drive/Genesis. A simple, but powerful sound palette that in our opinion still holds up well today.

So sorry for the rather long and rambling first post, it's just that we (The Opus Science Collective) are all rather excited by the idea of Radio Sega and will be listening regularly for further inspiration.

If you'd like to hear our stuff, we're on Facebook, SoundCloud and YouTube and everything gets uploaded to all three. I've popped our links in my signature. You can find it all there. Any feedback or request are always appreciated from fellow Sega music fans such as yourselves.

Anyway, that's enough from me. Happy listening and see you on the boards.
KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

Hey there, Opus Science! Welcome to RadioSEGA! Glad to know the fans have been spreading the word!

You project sounds interesting. If you'd like to give us more details, you can create a thread in this forum.

Anyway, enjoy your stay and post a lot! ;)
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Liking your name. Welcome to this place.
Opus Science
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Opus Science »

Cheers guys. I created a thread in that section you linked, but it's not visible yet. I imagine as a new member and as the post has a few links, a picture and a video it's probably gone forward to mods for approval or something.

Anyway, thanks for the warm welcome. Had Radio Sega on all morning while I was tidying the house. Loving it man!
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Welcome to RS! Nice of you to help spread the word of the station and site! Hope you'll continue to hang around here as well. :)
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Ah it's nice to see members spreading the word and being so supportive.
Jeeble
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Jeeble »

Since I haven't been here for a whole six months, I feel like introducing myself
My name is Jeeble, I would put a profile picture but for some reason it doesn't work
I'm not doing a reintroduciton again, cause I'm too lazy. the last one is on this page http://www.radiosega.net/forum/showthre ... ght=jeeble
Theres something about me, I'm lazy
KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

Welcome back, Jeeble! Glad to have you around. :)

Regarding your avatar situation, please refer to this particular thread. We're looking into it and will post updates there.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

A'hoy there Jeeble. Welcome back.
Dragonblaze123
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Dragonblaze123 »

Well I've been a listener of this show for 2 years but I've never really delved into the depths of the forum until recently. (You see, forums have never really been my thing) I've only ever been known around the IRC so I decided to officially introduce myself, and prove that I didn't die instantly out of excitement after making my account last year.

So keep on, keeping on.