Your recent gaming purchases

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
TF73
Level 9
Level 9

Post by TF73 »

amcdc79 wrote:Just got the new Dreamcast game GunLord, a Turrican clone that's pretty good. Now I'm waiting for Sturmwind, due out fairly soon I hope.
I'm considering buying this game. Is it worth the money? I loved Turrican but to be honest Last Hope was anything but impressive in my eyes. So I'm a little sceptical about Gunlord.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

3000Y webmoney code, which I'm waiting for, which will eventually be turned into 3000AC on PSO2.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Reknoc wrote:3000Y webmoney code, which I'm waiting for, which will eventually be turned into 3000AC on PSO2.
This is for a bikini for your PSO2 character, right?
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Kaito-kun wrote:This is for a bikini for your PSO2 character, right?
It's actually for scratch cards that may get me a bikini for my PSO2 character. I'm starting to rethink my stance on AC.
amcdc79
Level 1
Level 1

Post by amcdc79 »

TF73 wrote:I'm considering buying this game. Is it worth the money? I loved Turrican but to be honest Last Hope was anything but impressive in my eyes. So I'm a little sceptical about Gunlord.
A quick review, and some interesting tidbits from OC,

did you notice the japanese on the back of the sleeve is printed backwards? no wonder they already removed this version from their shop. on the other hand imo it just contributes even more to the cheesiness (<meant in a positive way) of the game & it makes it far more limited

ok, so I played original mode for like an hour & here's what I found out:

I actually like this game, it is indeed like turrican though I can't remember being able to shoot diagonally in turrican; plenty of weps & the games mechanics work great too (though not without its flaws, I actually got stuck in a hole on lv3 I think & had to restart to get out of it Laughing ). the level design reminds me of a very old game I used to own on my 48k Speccy, called Starquake; its huge & a real pain to find every corner , secret & bonus, specially it you walk too fast you'll fall in a hole leading to the next part of the level & you won't be able to go back up again, hence missing the bonus items. the bosses I encountered so far were not that hard but they get the job done, the game is more exploring based anyway. though at times there's a lot going on at the same time it has given me no slowdown up till now this I count as a plus too...thats about it for now personally I like the overall feel of the thing, it succeeds in giving me the ol' megadrive/pc engine/arcade buzz.

The Edition of the game that has the backwards Japanese on the back sleeve was the "Dragon Box" collectors one, which has been pulled. I don't know if they have corrected it and re-issued the edition.
Ace_Croft
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Ace_Croft »

So I bought this Sony Playstation Vita handheld..........and it's sexy! really love it :)
Come follow my ramblings on Twitter @ www.twitter.com/Ace_Croft
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Looks epic. I really want to buy one some day. Perhaps once there are some more games out there.... (I'm looking at you sega!)
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Quills on Wheels wrote:Looks epic. I really want to buy one some day. Perhaps once there are some more games out there.... (I'm looking at you sega!)
Well there is Jet Set Radio soon. Likely to be SEGAs first and last Vita game.
Ace_Croft
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Ace_Croft »

Reknoc wrote:Well there is Jet Set Radio soon. Likely to be SEGAs first and last Vita game.
*COUGH*
*COUGH*
Come follow my ramblings on Twitter @ www.twitter.com/Ace_Croft
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

They're also releasing PSO2 for the Vita which I forgot about. Man, SEGA are really going wild
with the Vita support. You'd almost think they had the money to throw away.

edit: actually PSO2 isn't due until next year, which is plenty of time for them to decide to cancel it.