Your recent gaming purchases

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Spawn of Jack
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Spawn of Jack »

Just recently picked up a few PS2 games, Zone of the Enders: 2nd runner, and Ape Escape 2 & 3. Great games
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Brought Project X Zone 2 and I'm really enjoying it those far. On chapter 15 right now.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Picked up Sengoku Basara 4: Sumeragi (PS4) & IA/VT Colourful (Vita) over the last couple of weeks, however I've not had a chance to try out either game yet.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Pokemon Yellow Version and Super Mystery Dungeon off the eShop. Pokemon binge and coupled with PXZ2 more or less a RPG binge for me.
Alpha Dog 1996
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Alpha Dog 1996 »

Just bought a 2DS today.
There can be only one Sonic! Metal Sonic is the real Sonic! Long live Metal Sonic!
Metal Sonic is the best! Death to all who oppose Metal Sonic! Metal Sonic rocks!

Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

TheChaosBlue wrote:Pokemon [...] Super Mystery Dungeon off the eShop. Pokemon binge and coupled with PXZ2 more or less a RPG binge for me.
What're the Mystery Dungeon games like?
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Kaito-kun wrote:What're the Mystery Dungeon games like?
If you played Etrian Mystery Dungeon or associated games (which you clearly haven't, hence the question) then that's pretty much what it is. The series itself was created by Spike Chunsoft other lent other companies to develop games with the formula.

They have "roguelike" elements to a RPG formula. Mostly played in 3/4 top down view, randomly generated rooms and areas and for every action you take, the enemies do as well. In case with the Pokemon series of games you take a turn to attack, likewise for the opponent. Make a step on the field, they do as well. Pick up an item along the way? Very likely enemies will pick up items themselves, which you can from them if you defeat em. Also if you love in one these dungeons you lose everything obtained in said dungeon (money and items collected).
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Kaito-kun wrote:What're the Mystery Dungeon games like?
If you've ever played Fatal Labyrinth in any of the megadrive collections it's basically that, only by a developer that has been making these games since 1993 (it started as a Dragon Quest spinoff starring Torneko from IV)
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

...Okay! I think I'm with you two.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Bought Overwatch Origins edition for 79 AUD, my soul, my dreams and my future.

I now belong to Overwatch. I've stopped doing any unnecessary activities except those required for staying alive and have now began a life of solitude in my room.