Your recent "other" purchases

What it says on the tin...
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Killer French Bread wrote:Shoes with a narrow tip instead of a round one. Not only the height of good taste, but good for climbing over stuff should you find yourself needing to show a clean set of heels.

I can imagine you now; one leg perched on a rock while your facial expression is that of utter badassery and utmost confidence. All the while the most beautiful backdrop compliments you and your shoes.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

heh, it was pretty undignified in reality. Had to climb something called 'jacob's ladder' first thing in the morning with a hangover. It was this huge wooden ladder that went about 40 feet in the air and it was too big to climb alone so you had to help each other up. Team building bollcks and al that. The random girl they teamed me with suddenly realised she had vertigo half way up and had a panic attack and nearly passed out as I was trying to shove her onto a higher rung. I ended up shimmying along the side to try and make it to the top alone. Eventually I had to be winched off with ropes. I later found out this was an assault course designed for 12 year olds.
Tic Tac, sir?
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Killer French Bread wrote:heh, it was pretty undignified in reality. Had to climb something called 'jacob's ladder' first thing in the morning with a hangover. It was this huge wooden ladder that went about 40 feet in the air and it was too big to climb alone so you had to help each other up. Team building bollcks and al that. The random girl they teamed me with suddenly realised she had vertigo half way up and had a panic attack and nearly passed out as I was trying to shove her onto a higher rung. I ended up shimmying along the side to try and make it to the top alone. Eventually I had to be winched off with ropes. I later found out this was an assault course designed for 12 year olds.
You attempted a 12 year old 'assault course' that had your teammate on the verge of passing out. All the while you had a hangover.

How do you do it, son.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Most people didn't make it to the top in fairness. Think pretty much everyone was hungover. It was really high, god knows how kids manage it.

Found out the other day - and this is a top tip for anyone else collecting the Official Panini World Cup Sticker Album - you can see the first sticker in every packet if you look closely enough at it. The material is quite thin. So knowing this, I headed down to Tesco with my friend who works night shifts at about 2 am. It was the perfect time, no one was around so I started to systematically go through every packet of stickers looking at the first one to see if there were any rares. My mate gets annoyed thinking I'm going to get all the good ones so he starts doing it too. So for the next 20 minutes the Tesco superstore in Leicester was empty aside from 2 grown men sat on the floor painstakingly going through 4 boxes of stickers looking for the England shiney. I found it.

Only about 400 stickers to go now.
Tic Tac, sir?
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

I bought a computer chair! yay
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Gonic wrote:I bought a computer chair! yay
Tell us more? Where from? What does it look like?
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Kaito-kun wrote:Tell us more? Where from? What does it look like?
It was from IKEA for £35. And looks something like this:
The attachment torkel-swivel-chair__0121244_PE277975_S4.JPG is no longer available
Attachments
torkel-swivel-chair__0121244_PE277975_S4.JPG
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

That looks way too sensible. I always envision computer chairs as bastions of feral behaviour and should all come as standard with extra large cup holders and a tray to catch the wilted unwanted lettuce from the latest takeaway. Or at least have a dubious 'massage' feature.

Does it?
Tic Tac, sir?
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Gonic wrote:It was from IKEA for £35. And looks something like this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1376[/ATTACH]
Nice! I got mine from IKEA too.

I love IKEA.
Dr Shaneman