Welcome to RadioSEGA, if you are not a member register today!

RadioSEGA
  • News & Features
  • Playlist & Requests
  • Listen to RadioSEGA
  • Shows & Podcasts
  • RadioSEGA Media
  • Community
Page 88 of 89 FirstFirst ... 387886878889 LastLast

Hello all! New to the forums here. I've been listening to the soundtrack of one of my favourite megadrive games which is Gynoug (known as Wings of Wor in the states). I just like how weird it is and I've always been into 2D shooters growing up.

Biggest X'Eye fan. Ever. supersega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tintin View Post
    Hello all! New to the forums here. I've been listening to the soundtrack of one of my favourite megadrive games which is Gynoug (known as Wings of Wor in the states). I just like how weird it is and I've always been into 2D shooters growing up.
    Welcome! Haven't played it, will look into that game. I just can't seem to get 2D shooters right though, I always get panicked as soon as the second level starts or more than 2 enemies are on screen. Lol

To the topic, listening to some Go! Team CD I got at a thrift store. Pretty good horn parts, not gonna lie.
    Collection; Neo Geo CD, JVC X'Eye, Model 1 Genesis, Model 2 Genesis, 2 Japanese Saturns, 2 Game Gears in a few thousand pieces, 5 or 8 PS1s (don't judge), 1 PS1 DTL (TOOL, NOT a Yaroze), 1 Gamecube, 1 Wii, 1 Xbox 360, 2 Gameboy Advances, 1 3DS, 1 PS2 TEST that WORKS!!!

Do I have a console addiction?

Well, it's been a while, so my music tastes have...

...not changed at all! Been listening to the Drift Stage Vol.1 soundtrack, and being a backer of it, I've never been more anxious for this game. (Yes, the alphas are getting better!)

Other than that, Daytona USA HD's soundtrack and Atlas by FM-84 have been amazing as well.
    I live here now!

Homicidal Echidna

Sprinter from Super Hang-On, which apparently loops for GODDAMN EVER.

Quote Originally Posted by Ink View Post
    Sprinter from Super Hang-On, which apparently loops for GODDAMN EVER.
    Sprinter is definitely the best track from Super Hang-On, it's really fitting for motorcycle racing.

I've been digitizing a collection of reel-to-reel tapes that are over 40+ years old which in turn were recorded from vinyl records so basically I've been listening to music from the 60s and 70s a lot lately.

Gotta say, surprisingly good sound quality for tapes and a playback device thats over 40 years old. 15 second clip

Biggest X'Eye fan. Ever. supersega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by voice View Post
    I've been digitizing a collection of reel-to-reel tapes that are over 40+ years old which in turn were recorded from vinyl records so basically I've been listening to music from the 60s and 70s a lot lately.

Gotta say, surprisingly good sound quality for tapes and a playback device thats over 40 years old. 15 second clip
    Crazy! What's your setup look like for it?

And I know I might get burnt at the stake for posting this... but I've been listening to some Follin works on the NES... just take a listen. Yes, this was on an actual NES.

Collection; Neo Geo CD, JVC X'Eye, Model 1 Genesis, Model 2 Genesis, 2 Japanese Saturns, 2 Game Gears in a few thousand pieces, 5 or 8 PS1s (don't judge), 1 PS1 DTL (TOOL, NOT a Yaroze), 1 Gamecube, 1 Wii, 1 Xbox 360, 2 Gameboy Advances, 1 3DS, 1 PS2 TEST that WORKS!!!

Do I have a console addiction?

Paul Revere & the Raiders - Time After Time

Quote Originally Posted by supersega View Post
    I'm afraid its not a super advanced setup, its just L/R audio out of the player to the line-in jack of my desktop while running Ardour to record.

HAIL TO THE KING, BABY xboy_in_da_house's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by supersega View Post

And I know I might get burnt at the stake for posting this... but I've been listening to some Follin works on the NES... just take a listen. Yes, this was on an actual NES.

Tim Follin makes the most amazing music in any console that he worked on back then and the soundtrack to Silver Surfer is legendary. I love all his work and also the work with his brother Geoff. I was listening to some Tim Follin music myself the other day. I was jamming to Silver Surfer, Pictionary, Solstice, Magic Johnson's Fast-Break, Target Renegade and Spider-Man & the X-Men in Arcade's Revenge.

Here's a Genesis Remix version of Silver Surfer's Theme 1
    https://youtu.be/Hlv45rq8xPk