Stand Up Comedy

TV, Movies, Music, Books and all that other entertainment type stuff...
mazonemayu
Level 9
Level 9

Post by mazonemayu »

richard pryor
nuff said
The Captain
Level 8
Level 8

Post by The Captain »

Wow, a surprisingly ace view of stand-up here. I expected waves of crap like Carr, Murray, Kay, O'Braiaiain, Gervais etc.

Mine:

Lee Evans
Jack Dee
Bill Bailey
Lee Hurst
Tim Vine (his crapness is his aceness)
Mark Lamarr (crap as a stand-up but makes me laugh)
Ed Byrne (in small, occasional doses)

There are others.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Ah, somebody else who considers Gervais crap. Yay ^_^

Not a big fan of Lee Evans though. Not too sure why, but there's something about him that irks me, so I can't find him funny.
The Captain
Level 8
Level 8

Post by The Captain »

I totally buy why someone might not 'get' Lee Evans, his onstage persona can sometimes be a bit... beyond humour in that semi-disturbing way some things are.

But yes, Gervais has never told a stand up joke in my opinion. He just points at something and goes, "THat might be funny, don't you think?", basically.
Option
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Option »

I'm actually working on a stand-up comedy program atm, though in German.

Germany and Austria have a very old and long tradition of stand-up comedy (Kabarett), and there's some support for it here in Vienna, so I might be a lil successful. Who knows. :>
"The sub-structure of the universe regresses infinitely towards smaller and smaller components. Behind atoms we find electrons - and behind electrons, quarks. Each layer unravelled reveals new secrets, but also new mysteries."
- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, For I Have Tasted The Fruit
The Captain
Level 8
Level 8

Post by The Captain »

^ G'wan!

If anyone's interested, by best friend's brother is Robbie Bonham, the established Dublin stand-up. You might have heard him on the "Paramount Comedy, sponsored by Magner's Cider" links. Check him out on Youtube, he's kind of like Jack Dee mixed with Comic Book GUy.
Jonneh
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Jonneh »

Neil Delamere. No other comedian has lightning-fast wit like him.

Maybe not his best work, but I found this very funny : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy_f0TN9gH8
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Gavvie wrote:Ah, somebody else who considers Gervais crap. Yay ^_^

Not a big fan of Lee Evans though. Not too sure why, but there's something about him that irks me, so I can't find him funny.
Gervais is an unfunny smug...Kotick. I needn't say much more. As for Lee Evans, I'm not too keen on him as a stand up, but he was good in that Doctor Who episode.
Sherlock wrote:I'm actually working on a stand-up comedy program atm, though in German.

Germany and Austria have a very old and long tradition of stand-up comedy (Kabarett), and there's some support for it here in Vienna, so I might be a lil successful. Who knows. :>
Cool! I can't be the only one who thinks it may be time for a RadioSEGA variety show? Tell us a joke in German. ^__^
Option
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Option »

I'm actually doing political satire, so it's not going to be that funny for you unless you know German and the current political situation in Austria. :P
"The sub-structure of the universe regresses infinitely towards smaller and smaller components. Behind atoms we find electrons - and behind electrons, quarks. Each layer unravelled reveals new secrets, but also new mysteries."
- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, For I Have Tasted The Fruit
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

A little bit of Rowan Atkinson anyone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91DSNL1BEeY