Mini-Movie Reviews

TV, Movies, Music, Books and all that other entertainment type stuff...
Shadid

Post by Shadid »

Just watched V for Vendetta and X-Men: First Class yesterday.

X-Men was actually good, Magneto's back story fitted very perfectly and the rest of it was okay too.

Now, V for Vendetta is now my favourite film of all time, topping the all-time favourite, which was Tron. The whole storyline was addicting and it explained a lot about the Fawkesian masks.

"Beneath the mask there is an idea.. and ideas are bulletproof."
I live here now!
sonicfanRICH
Level 13
Level 13

Post by sonicfanRICH »

I though the new X-Men movie was good too. I plan to see the new Green Lantern soon.
ImageImage
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

saw the green lantern. it kinda sucked :I
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

I watched Xmen first class a week or two ago. Really liked it. Fassbender as Magneto was awesome. The only thing that took me out the film a bit was his accent. It was fine at the start of the film but as it went on he seemed to get progressively more Irish. by the end of the film he had a full on Irish accent. Minor quibble really with a great film.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Shadid wrote:Just watched V for Vendetta and X-Men: First Class yesterday.

X-Men was actually good, Magneto's back story fitted very perfectly and the rest of it was okay too.

Now, V for Vendetta is now my favourite film of all time, topping the all-time favourite, which was Tron. The whole storyline was addicting and it explained a lot about the Fawkesian masks.

"Beneath the mask there is an idea.. and ideas are bulletproof."
V is a cool movie, want to get the comic, but it has really awful casting.
metalgamer
Level 8
Level 8

Post by metalgamer »

I watched the "Pirates of the Carribean: On Stranger Tides" film yesterday. It was better than Worlds End, but not as good as the first two. It was humorous and had a decent storyline despite the abscence of Orlando and Keira. Not a return to form, but still enjoyable. The only thing I really don't like about some movies like that is when there is a fight, plenty of stuff is going on, but the actual fighting you don't see much of, as in if there was a battle with many people, one stabs the other, but then all of a sudden, before you feel the impact or it sinks your head, it goes straight to another part. I hate action scenes like that. If the camera was on each battle after the stab for a couple of seconds longer, it would be better. Don't know if anyone else thinks that.
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

I saw Green Lantern on Saturday in 3D and the 3D effects were quite poor for it in my opinion.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

A lot of people are reviewing Green Lantern quite poorly...I wanted to go watch it, but I'm being put off now. Might just wait for the DVD.

X-Men: First Class. My word, what a film. Best X-Men film hands down thus far. Want to see more like that please.
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

Yeah first class was great. I hope it's the first of a series (if it does well enough). Bacon was a great villain, I thought he had a really cool power. Mcavoy's come a long way from his Shameless day's hasn't he?
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Yeah, it was actually a very pleasant shock to see Kevin Bacon back in a Hollywood film, and not the drivel he's been in recently. Did very well indeed.