Mini-Movie Reviews

TV, Movies, Music, Books and all that other entertainment type stuff...
JoeMusashi
Level 1
Level 1

Mini-Movie Reviews

Post by JoeMusashi »

What was the last movie you saw and what did you think of it?

The last movie I saw was Kill Bill Vol. 1. I've seen it a million times and I never get sick of the fight scenes in that movie. Especially the Crazy-88 vs. Beatrix and of course Go-Go, the crazy bodyguard of O-Ren Ishii.

What have you guys been watching?

INeedFruit
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by INeedFruit »

I recently watched District 9 which I originally thought was a Cop move when I heard the title. I thought it was brilliant I don't want to go into too much detail but its a grimy sci-fi mockumentary. If you've got a moment check it out!
Host of ClubSEGA - A show about the arcade scene and SEGA arcade games.
Wednesday at 8pm UK/WET - 9pm CEST- 3pm EST - 12pm PST
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

Distcrict 9 is amsuing, FOOKING PRAWNS

Kick Ass: seems nerdy & shit,but it isnt, i loved it, nick cage does a good job & hit girl is amazing ;D
Sancho
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Sancho »

Nati con la camicia/ Born with shirt

A vagabond and an ex-convict is exchanged for secret agents and sent to Miami to foil the plans of a company that wants to rule the world by erasing from the mind of everything the numbers. Very funny movie is because the main actors (Bud Spencer & Terence Hill) solve everything with epic and hilarious fight scenes.
INeedFruit
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by INeedFruit »

Matty wrote:Distcrict 9 is amsuing, FOOKING PRAWNS

Kick Ass: seems nerdy & shit,but it isnt, i loved it, nick cage does a good job & hit girl is amazing ;D
Kick ass is brilliant, I was expecting a 'superbad' style comic book movie but it turn out to be closer to kill bill! And as much as I dislike Nicolas Cage even he didn't ruin that movie for me, a must watch.
Host of ClubSEGA - A show about the arcade scene and SEGA arcade games.
Wednesday at 8pm UK/WET - 9pm CEST- 3pm EST - 12pm PST
Rayne
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Rayne »

I watched Silent Hill last night, it's been a while since I last saw it. It always leaves me a bit unsure of what to think, on the one hand the monsters are brilliant and visually it's beautiful. On the other hand it's just...erm....boring? I'd hope for a revamped sequel or something..
Mena
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Mena »

I watched Brooklyn's Finest the other week and thought it was pretty decent. I couldn't help but be reminded of The Departed throughout it though.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

I havent watched any movies resently but I will randomly talk about one of my movies anyway.

A short movie I really liked was Sonic and the Werehog night. I just LOVED it! I mean that was the first proper Sonic movie. I mean, C'mon, how many sonic movies are there? There is the old movie which I really didn't like that much and except sonic and the werehog night, nothing else is a official sonic movie and the others are fan made movies (Like Sonic nazo unleashed or super mario bros. z) I always whished sega would make a CG Sonic movie.
Sadly, if something is too good to be true, it probebly IS. -_- I really wished there was some actual voice acting and not just dull screams or groans. That really made the movie a lot less atractive. But I still LOVED the CG movie. All the fast paste fighting and the cool action. Thats how a sonic film or game should be like! But too bad it was a short movie. I think SEGA should make a sonic movie.
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

I agree, Kick-Ass was great and I wasn't expecting much from it.

Last film I saw was Inception, and to be honest, it didn't blow me away quite as much as it seemed to for other people; it seemed familiar to me :P
TF73
Level 9
Level 9

Post by TF73 »

The last movie I saw without falling asleep was A Team. Quite good movie with a good mix of humor and action. Liam Neeson does a good role as usual. It also does good honour to those who have seen the series from years back.