47%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 38

Cobra!
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Cobra! »

foreversonic wrote:Note: This thread needs a few more, "I like X because..." stories. It's too easy to just write, "I like X", and no more.
Y'now what? You're right, I'm gonna edit my post at the start of this topic.
Don't you EVER forget the "!" in "Cobra!"! Unless you're refering me as "Cobradabest".
Awinnerwasyou
News Team
News Team

Post by Awinnerwasyou »

I personally go for the Mega Drive. Why? Because it holds the majority of my fondest gaming memories. The Sonic games, Revenge Of Shinobi, Dynamite Headdy, Rocket Knight Adventures, Quackshot, the Streets Of Rage Trilogy, I could go on. Plus it was the console that really made me stand up and think "I've got to get one of these!". If not for that, I wouldn't even be half the gamer I am today.
SegaShinja
Level 2
Level 2

Post by SegaShinja »

While I love them all, the Dreamcast take precedence over any other game console for me. The Saturn is my second. I am fortunate enough to own an SG-1000. It's a very fun little machine like the rest of them.
Cobra!
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Cobra! »

SegaShinja wrote:While I love them all, the Dreamcast take precedence over any other game console for me. The Saturn is my second. I am fortunate enough to own an SG-1000. It's a very fun little machine like the rest of them.
Wasn't the SG-1000 only released in Japan?
Don't you EVER forget the "!" in "Cobra!"! Unless you're refering me as "Cobradabest".
SegaShinja
Level 2
Level 2

Post by SegaShinja »

Cobra! wrote:Wasn't the SG-1000 only released in Japan?
It was imported by the owner before me. I think it was also released in limited quantities in Australia, but don't quote me on that.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

As the only Sega Console i remember playing was the Mega Drive. I'm gonna have to say Mega Drive. I did own a saturn but i can't remember playing it. I also have never owned or played a dreamcast :(
Cobra!
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Cobra! »

Gonic wrote:I also have never owned or played a dreamcast :(
It's never too late to get one, there's plenty on ebay, and they're very cheap these days!
SegaShinja
Level 2
Level 2

Post by SegaShinja »

Cobra! wrote:Wasn't the SG-1000 only released in Japan?
I think it was also sold in Australia and mine was imported into the US by the previous owner.
tasmwill

Post by tasmwill »

Awinnerwasyou wrote:I personally go for the Mega Drive. Why? Because it holds the majority of my fondest gaming memories. The Sonic games, Revenge Of Shinobi, Dynamite Headdy, Rocket Knight Adventures, Quackshot, the Streets Of Rage Trilogy, I could go on. Plus it was the console that really made me stand up and think "I've got to get one of these!". If not for that, I wouldn't even be half the gamer I am today.
Yes, same for me for exactly these reasons. Mega Drive was part of my childhood