No votes

Total votes: 38

Cobra!
Level 6
Level 6

What's your favourite Sega console?

Post by Cobra! »

What's your favourate sega console? Mines is the Dreamcast, followed by Saturn

I've never owned a Dreamcast back in the day, but I wish I had, the thing's amazing, I got one 2 years ago on ebay, and I've never looked back, it has SO many great games, such as Sonic Adventure, Crazy Taxi, Metropilis Street Racer, Virtua Fighter 3tb, Mortal Kombat Gold, Headhunter, Shenmue 1 and 2, and many, many more. I can't believe so many people overlooked this console in favour of the PS2, just because of the fact it had a DVD player, I find that absolutley disgraceful!

It's the same story with the Saturn, I've never owned one back in the day, but got one off ebay a year or so ago. It annoys me how the Saturn is underated by Sonic fans, just because it hasn't got any proper Sonic games, but they have to reliase there's more to Sega than just Sonic, The Saturn was a great console if you love Racing and Fighting games, especially AM2 ones, it has Sega Rally, Daytona USA, Virtua Fighter Remix, Virtua Fighter 2, Fighting Vipers, and more, it also has what you could call Sega's Smash Bros (Only it came out before) called Fighters Magamix, where you can play as the Hornet car from Daytona USA, enough said! Plus, despite the fact that they didn't create a Proper sonic game, Sonic Team have still created some awesome games for the Saturn, including Sonic ones, like Sonic Jam, Sonic R (both of which are underated) and NiGHTS Into Dreams.

So what about you guys, explain what you favourate Sega console is and why.
Don't you EVER forget the "!" in "Cobra!"! Unless you're refering me as "Cobradabest".
maggix
Level 1
Level 1

Post by maggix »

Same goes for me: although there are some Saturn titles (NiGHTS, Panzer Dragoon Saga, Sega Rally, Shining the Holy Ark) that really stole my heart, the Dreamcast got my vote in this poll...
Maggix
"Tho' much is taken, much abides".

empires
Level 2
Level 2

Post by empires »

I voted Dreamcast too. Mega Drive was a close second though.
mazonemayu
Level 9
Level 9

Post by mazonemayu »

dreamcast; saturn is close second, but I have more good games for my dc so...
Rayne
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Rayne »

Master System = Lame
GameGear = Dodgy
Saturn = Epic fail
Dreamcast = Decent

Mega Drive = Fantastic. More classics on it than on all other SEGA consoles put together.
Josh
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Josh »

I know I'm the oddball who likes the saturn, but it's an underappreciated console.

Cobra!
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Cobra! »

Josh wrote:I know I'm the oddball who likes the saturn, but it's an underappreciated console.
No, you're not at all, I love the Saturn too, It's a very underated console, just because it's not a "Sonic System", I'm more of an AM2 fan myself, and the Saturn is a great console for their games, you had games like the Virtua Series and Fighters Magamix, Although Dreamcast had Shenmue and Shenmue 2, them alone make me prefare dreamcast.
Don't you EVER forget the "!" in "Cobra!"! Unless you're refering me as "Cobradabest".
Josh
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Josh »

Sega did rush both Dreamcast and Saturn out. If they had waited a bit, then they would have had the competition beat.

Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Dreamcast wasn't rushed out, it just didn't stand a hope in hell of competing with the PS2 when all was said and done.

I'm voting DC here. Whilst the Mega Drive was SEGA's defining era in the hardware market, the Dreamcast had some truly awesome games that I still look fondly back on. Mega Drive or Master System would be a close second, though.

EDIT: For people who like being pedantic, I'm going to add the SEGA Nomad and SEGA Pico into the poll. I know one of them was basically a handheld Mega Drive, and the other an edutainment device, but they're there if anybody wants to vote for them.
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

Dreamcast just pips it from the Mega drive for me. Though the master system was top too Rayne you were just too much of a nipper then to appreciate it :P .