Anime & Manga Discussion

TV, Movies, Music, Books and all that other entertainment type stuff...
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

melody_of_fate154 wrote:Aww well I guess its not for everyone but how far did you get?
Gave up somewhere around the current arc, before the weird chain guys showed up.
melody_of_fate154
Level 3
Level 3

Post by melody_of_fate154 »

Reknoc wrote:Gave up somewhere around the current arc, before the weird chain guys showed up.

Oh okay, yeah its gotten a little boring now. Especially since it was getting pretty good now its just boring.. I want to wait and see if it picks up. Have you watched the anime? Its a little better, its hard to explain why.. its a lot simpler but still has all the action and awesome characters. It has a lot more humor to it.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

melody_of_fate154 wrote:Oh okay, yeah its gotten a little boring now. Especially since it was getting pretty good now its just boring.. I want to wait and see if it picks up. Have you watched the anime? Its a little better, its hard to explain why.. its a lot simpler but still has all the action and awesome characters. It has a lot more humor to it.
I tried it but the way they changed around the episodes bothered me and I didn't really care for the art since it looked kinda cheap. I actually watched the anime before reading the manga (well I read vol. 1 of the manga since I picked it up in store) and spent most of the time while reading it listening to OP 1.
melody_of_fate154
Level 3
Level 3

Post by melody_of_fate154 »

Reknoc wrote:I tried it but the way they changed around the episodes bothered me and I didn't really care for the art since it looked kinda cheap. I actually watched the anime before reading the manga (well I read vol. 1 of the manga since I picked it up in store) and spent most of the time while reading it listening to OP 1.

Oh okay, well thats perfectly fine. My friend said the same thing, but the first opening is great. I love it I have it on my MP3 player, I still listen to it all the time.
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

Quills on Wheels wrote:Yeah I already watched that one. It's a bit annoying knowing that I have to wait till 2013 for the next episode. I mean, does it really take that long to make a new OVA episode? Especially when the anime seems rather popular.
The OVA's are more of a hobby of the author, the Manga is still chugging along nicely with its monthly releases, new chapter should be out in the next week or 2 with a bit of luck :D
mazonemayu
Level 9
Level 9

Post by mazonemayu »

was watching a Red Photon Zillion ep today & at some point one of the chars is playing a msys :lol:

took some snaps

Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

In Ben-to, isn't the main guy a huge Sonic/SEGA fan? I remember watching it and his room was crammed with Sonic posters, his phone had a Sonic wallpaper and he played a lot of that Fighting game on the Dreamcast.

Now than, I recently finished watching Toradora! It was really good. It had humor and nice romance, especially in the end parts. It was one of those anime I will seriously remember.

Now I'm sorta taking a break from anime by watching the Conspiracy 365 episodes. It won't last long since there are like only a few episodes and even though I keep on telling myself that I will watch Walking Dead and Video Game High School, I know I won't. So the next anime I have in mind after Conspiracy 365 would be Gosick, though I'm not sure I'll like it much. It DID say Romance in the genre, so I'm hoping it'll influence it a bit.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

One Piece 63 and Wandering Son 3 arrived in the post this morning.

As I've said before, Wandering Son is well worth a read.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Shame I lost all my images since I took a screenshot of a SEGA Saturn that showed up in one of the early episodes of Ginga e Kickoff! I also lack any desire to find it again.

Anyway, seems badhouse are starting to redeem themselves with the recent Hunter x Hunter arc. Been quite a good adaption so far. It also helps the the VA of Rider from Fate/Zero and Himari from Penguindrum voice members of the Phantom Troupe.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Speaking of Penguindrum, I think Kaze have licensed that for a UK release.