Anime & Manga Discussion

TV, Movies, Music, Books and all that other entertainment type stuff...
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Currently i've just finshed watch Angel Beats, B Gata H Kei and When the cicadas cry. Now Im watch When the cicadas cry 2 and full metal alchmesit brotherhood. Manga wise im reading shaman king but i cant for the love of god find Shaman King Volume 12.

Does anyone have a MyAnimeList btw?
Rayne
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Rayne »

Gavvie wrote:I've got the Death Note manga and anime series (well, save for the last Death Note anime DVD, Mena's getting me that).

Not read any of it yet, mind, but I have them.

I'm finding myself getting into the more mature end of the anime market. Having previously disliked it, as well as manga, I now own Devil May Cry on blu-ray, 4 of the 5 Death Note DVDs, the entire Death Note manga, the Street Fighter films and the two GitS films. Wanting the series, but isn't that a bit long?

Also wanting the Street Fighter anime, which I don't believe came out here, and Z.O.E. Not sure if that's any good, though.
Devil May Cry was a massive dissapointment imo, it made absolutely no sense, had little in the way of gore and just felt like an average anime with the DMC setting shoehorned in.

GITS: Stand Alone Complex is easily the best anime series I've ever watched. Each episode is nicely self contained but with a large plot that links them all together. It's about 13 volumes long I think...you could probably get a box set really cheap, or if you can't be arsed then 'The Laughing Man' is basically a big cut and pasting of all the relevant bits from the entire series into one 3 hour 'movie' XD
baraka6
Level 6
Level 6

Post by baraka6 »

i used to be a mega manga fan bacause at the time one release would either equal or top the next... havnt really bothered to check any new titles, i saw some a while back and i was disapointed, felt they lost their way a bit, so i stick with the ones that make me happy

Akira, Cyber city oedo 808, ghost in the shell, street fighter 2... could go on one i watched not so long ago which was recommended to me paprika. weird film n also quite good
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

richarddavies wrote:Im slowly making my way through One piece for the first time. Im at the bit where they get to Sky island. I found it hard to get into at first but im staring to like it now.
One Piece! Loveitloveitloveit! T'was my first proper manga series~ I'm around the same point you are too.
Gavvie wrote: Also wanting the Street Fighter anime, which I don't believe came out here
Which Street Fighter anime? II? Alpha? Alpha Generations? IV? All of them are out here.
JoeMusashi wrote:Sailor Moon subbed is completely different from Sailor Moon dubbed. Different music, scenes, and character impressions...it's almost like watching a new show.

The same is true for Cardcaptors. (Originally Cardcaptor Sakura) I'm told that often...
JoeMusashi wrote:I've also been watching Gundam Wing and occasionally Ranma 1/2.
Never touched Wing, but 00 is pretty darn good.
i need fruit wrote:I’m actually making my way through Naruto Shippuden after blitzing Naruto at Uni, I’m enjoying but I’m getting flashbacks of DragonBall Z where I seemingly waste an hour on people stood around talking.
Uuuurgh...You've no idea how dull Naruto is until you watch it in a language you don't understand. I was in Germany once and caught the end of an episode (Which was a fight episode too) and they spent 15 minutes just standing there facing each other while the spectators discussed something to do with Chakra.
Rayne
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Rayne »

Kaito-kun wrote:One Piece! Loveitloveitloveit! T'was my first proper manga series~
Something wrong with that sentence :blink:
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Kaito-kun wrote:Which Street Fighter anime? II? Alpha? Alpha Generations? IV? All of them are out here.
Street Fighter II 'V. I've got all the films, just not got the series. Can only find it on import DVD, which isn't much use to me.
ShadowPhantom
level 11
level 11

Post by ShadowPhantom »

I don't read Manga. Never could get into it. But for anime, I'm working my way through the Japanese version of Sonic X. I'm on Season 2.
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

Just finished reading Vol 46 of Nazo no Kanjo x (Mysterious girlfreind x)

HURRY UP & END THIS ARC.... ITS TERRIBLE T_T
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Here's a question:

Akira - the manga. Is it worth reading or not?
baraka6
Level 6
Level 6

Post by baraka6 »

reading as in graphic novel or comic? i personally havnt, i watched the film and it was well worth it, a lot of it is very confusing and some just wont make sence