Anime & Manga Discussion

TV, Movies, Music, Books and all that other entertainment type stuff...
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

MTails wrote: Watched Summer wars again. I'm definitely buying it next time I find it.
Here, I have provided you with a choice of reputable online retailers. Pick your choice and buy it now. No excuses.

Amazon:
DVD
Blu-Ray
Blu-Ray Double pack (w. The Girl who Leapt Through Time)

HMV:
DVD
Blu-Ray

Play.com:
DVD
Blu-Ray

Manga UK's own store:
DVD
Blu-Ray

Seriously, no excuses. Buy it.
Lizzy
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Lizzy »

Kaito-kun wrote:Here, I have provided you with a choice of reputable online retailers. Pick your choice and buy it now. No excuses.

Amazon:
DVD
Blu-Ray

HMV:
DVD
Blu-Ray

Play.com:
DVD
Blu-Ray

Manga UK's own store:
DVD
Blu-Ray

dude your a bit pushy in your posts. :ohmy:
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Lizzy wrote:dude your a bit pushy in your posts. :ohmy:

He's just playing with him, you know? Or are you Kaito? :)

Anywho with 2012 looming, what anime and/or manga title are you guys looking out for?
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Lizzy
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Lizzy »

I dunno each, to his or her own.

I have the entire Slayers season to watch . I watch anime on Crunchyroll.net or is it .com hmmm. It's kinda hard with anime dying here in North America, it has to catch my attention. But recently I enjoyed DBZ Kai despite everyone's RUDE remarks on facebook. as for Manga reading the Codename Sailor V and the Sailor Moon mangas that been re-released.... so I guess back to classics :D
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Kaito just likes people to support the industry, not that'll do much good.

2012? Eh... maybe... uh... well there's the next volume of Gundam Unicorn, and I guess whatever the Origins project will be. And of course season 2 of Fate/Zero and the new Code Geass thing? Maybe the Madoka movies... and whatever the new Hosada movie is.

edit: Oh I guess there's also the new One Piece movie with Oda as executive producer so there's that to look forward to (and no doubt a bunch of breaks in the manga).

editedit: What rude remarks would people make about Dragonball Kai... other than it's totally lazy and doesn't even finish the series.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Lizzy wrote:I dunno each, to his or her own.

I have the entire Slayers season to watch . I watch anime on Crunchyroll.net or is it .com hmmm.

Ah, The Slayers series.....never really finished watching the whole series as matter of fact. I remember me and TheChaosBlue seeing the first season when we had Anime Network on Demand....good times....
But recently I enjoyed DBZ Kai despite everyone's RUDE remarks on facebook.

Which verison of Kai are you speaking of? The Nicktoons version (which is kinda on par with Toonami-style edits), the 4Kids version (which is EVERYONE'S least favorite of the edits), or the DVD version (which is uncut)?
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Lizzy
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Lizzy »

Reknoc wrote:Kaito just likes people to support the industry, not that'll do much good.

2012? Eh... maybe... uh... well there's the next volume of Gundam Unicorn, and I guess whatever the Origins project will be. And of course season 2 of Fate/Zero and the new Code Geass thing? Maybe the Madoka movies... and whatever the new Hosada movie is.

edit: Oh I guess there's also the new One Piece movie with Oda as executive producer so there's that to look forward to (and no doubt a bunch of breaks in the manga).

editedit: What rude remarks would people make about Dragonball Kai... other than it's totally lazy and doesn't even finish the series.
Sorries in advance if this offends anyone :(

Kai was just something quick- direct to the main story , I liked that. But I understand supporting the industry, but do you want the truth? I who attend these anime conventions and seen things personally, trust me this industry needs to die & go back underground till these voice actors.etc get off their high horses and stop acting so full of themselves, and acting like an "Invisible" elite groups that can do as they please and make fans feel like low class garbage. Plus too many want to be a voice actor in vain so they can look down at everyone, butt kiss the industry for work and insult the fans , claim its JUST a character,etc in a rude,RUDE way. They dont deserve that job, but they want it cause it's not a 9-5 job, now too many HATE the idea of having to look for a real job and be like everyone else. They'll do whatever it takes to keep a job they dont deserve.

I support the anime industry but truth be told it needs to just die off and go underground for a while. Harsh but has to be said.
MTails
Level 9
Level 9

Post by MTails »

Kaito-kun wrote:Here, I have provided you with a choice of reputable online retailers. Pick your choice and buy it now. No excuses.

Amazon:
DVD
Blu-Ray

HMV:
DVD
Blu-Ray

Play.com:
DVD
Blu-Ray

Manga UK's own store:
DVD
Blu-Ray

Aye Aye, Admiral Akainu.
Lizzy wrote:Sorries in advance if this offends anyone :(

Kai was just something quick- direct to the main story , I liked that. But I understand supporting the industry, but do you want the truth? I who attend these anime conventions and seen things personally, trust me this industry needs to die & go back underground till these voice actors.etc get off their high horses and stop acting so full of themselves, and acting like an "Invisible" elite groups that can do as they please and make fans feel like low class garbage. Plus too many want to be a voice actor in vain so they can look down at everyone, butt kiss the industry for work and insult the fans , claim its JUST a character,etc in a rude,RUDE way. They dont deserve that job, but they want it cause it's not a 9-5 job, now too many HATE the idea of having to look for a real job and be like everyone else. They'll do whatever it takes to keep a job they dont deserve.

I support the anime industry but truth be told it needs to just die off and go underground for a while. Harsh but has to be said.
Oh my :o. Didn't know anything about that. Must be out of touch...
Any videos of this happening? Want to know more.

Fun little fact: Eureka Seven is an anagram for Keanu Reeves.
Gave me a chuckle.

It's also getting a Second Season.
Click to reveal
If you can see me, welcome to the HB Club: RadioSEGA Branch! Take a seat, and hopefully you'll be released soon. Or maybe you'll rot here forever, who knows?
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

If the industry died off in the west it wont be coming back. Also I'm not sure about the VA comments. They do their job, they get paid peanuts with crap conditions, then they have to pretend to enjoy being in the cesspits that are anime cons. Doesn't sound like a very fun job to me.

edit: Oh yea, I forgot about Eureka Seven returning... that should be... something.
Lizzy
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Lizzy »

Reknoc wrote:If the industry died off in the west it wont be coming back. Also I'm not sure about the VA comments. They do their job, they get paid peanuts with crap conditions, then they have to pretend to enjoy being in the cesspits that are anime cons. Doesn't sound like a very fun job to me.

edit: Oh yea, I forgot about Eureka Seven returning... that should be... something.
MTails: that's not possible, just experience is all XD
Well some love the fans, honest ya would love Kyle Hebert aka the voice actor best known for the dbz announcer. But many have it in their head the fame and attention, which is a sad way to see a dream.

But heck if any of ya like Kyle come to his stickam chat, he's funny, but it can get raunchy and everyone seems to worship some girl name Queen Lawl and her boobs on webcam. But despite that it can be fun.