Anime & Manga Discussion

TV, Movies, Music, Books and all that other entertainment type stuff...
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

I'd forgotten about Arakawa's farming manga. English release? (Probably not, but I thought it'd be worth asking.)
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Kaito-kun wrote:I'd forgotten about Arakawa's farming manga. English release? (Probably not, but I thought it'd be worth asking.)
None yet, but I think it's only a matter of time.
IllusDark8
Level 2
Level 2

Post by IllusDark8 »

I recently finished watching Fruits Basket. Man , the last three episodes, my heart was racing mad.
Some Podcasts I Do:
ImageImage
Other Shows Include:
Game Freaks LiVE | The Illusion
3DS Friend Code - 0602-6399-0321
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

IllusDark8 wrote:I recently finished watching Fruits Basket. Man , the last three episodes, my heart was racing mad.
Fruits Basket eh? Not one I've ever looked into. I remember it being quite big a half a dozen or so years ago.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Just finished watching the first Berserk movie.

Wow, just... wow. It's so ugly, and it's only an hour long, there is no reason for it to be so ugly. Oh wait, yes there is because Studio 4C wanted to make some dreadful CGI film. I don't mind CGI used in incidental stuff like crowds, but 4C use it for pretty much any movement, and it looks fucking disgusting. Should have just released it as a PS2 game.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

So I re-watched the first two Rebuild of Evangelion films last night.

Excuse me while I get this off my chest...
Click to reveal
I'm tempted to re-watch the original series again now. However, I should really work on my DVD backlog...
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Well... since last time I posted here, I've watched quite a bit of anime.

Zero no Tsukaima

The show started out alright with a decent main character and some alright plot elements. But as the series continued, it just became worse, plot became stupid, harem became forced and unnecessary and characters became downright horrible. Their characteristics changed to your typical main character as the "Perverted protagonist" and other females as "Pointless harem candidates". I finished the series but I was left feel unsatisfied and disappointed as I expected more. Personally, I think the series should have ended on Season 1 or 2 at most.

Sword Art Online

So I took a look at the highly acclaimed show of 2012. I must admit, it started out awesome. I loved where the story was going, characters were very cool and interesting, had some really nice music and fighting scenes were a sight to watch. Being a gamer, loved a lot of the gaming concepts used in the anime and to be honest, since watching it, it has given me a different view towards games. However, the show took a turn for the worst after somewhere around episode 3 or 4. There were way too many long time skips and characters became just... dull. I also found the concept of Kirito, the nerdy gamer, being the chick magnet for all the females in the game annoying (anime Logic for ya, eh?). The show took a very noticeable turn for the worst during the second part however. Heck, they didn't even properly finish the first part as they skipped like a lot of crap and many things were unanswered. Second half was unnecessary 'Nuff said. Could have easily been removed and instead of the second half, we could have had more on the first half.

Dusk Maiden of Amnesia (Tasogare Otome X Amnesia)

My friend suggested this one and I must say, it is probably the best anime I've seen in a while. The story was interesting, romance was very well built, characters were decent and some even likable and it ended satisfyingly along with a lot of feels that I enjoyed. Nothing else to say really.

Sankarea

Overall, the show was alright. I feel like it had a lot of potential as it was rather unique but I feel like it ruined it. It could have been a good idea but ended up being your cliche highschool anime. However, it didn't get worse as it continued. It stayed consistent. I do like to say though that the ending did leave me VERY unsatisfied. I've checked the manga and it's not much better either.

Right now I guess I'm just watching the OVAs for Sankarea and another anime called Rec. Rec's pretty short and nothing special but I think right now, I like that. So I'll continue to give it a look.
As for my recent Manga... I'll get to that later.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

I should get 1.11 in the post by the end of the week hopefully, if I remember to post Berserk today.

edit: Missed BSFs post so I didn't get chance to make fun of him for watching utter trash like Sword Art Online. What a piece of shit that series was. The anime equivalent of Twilight.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

Decided to go back to the original Neon genesis Evangelion series. Might've been a mistake to do so after the shiny blu-rays of the Rebuilds: That 90's animation doesn't compare well.

Although it probably beats your CGI, Rekky.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Kaito-kun wrote:Decided to go back to the original Neon genesis Evangelion series. Might've been a mistake to do so after the shiny blu-rays of the Rebuilds: That 90's animation doesn't compare well.

Although it probably beats your CGI, Rekky.
90's animation > than most modern animation.