Anime & Manga Discussion

TV, Movies, Music, Books and all that other entertainment type stuff...
Midwinter
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Midwinter »

Twinny wrote:Well I seen the first episode of SEGA Hard Girls and yeah if you're real hardcore fan of the brand, your mind will go nuts with the references and cameos packed in. Shame each episode are a quarter hour in length.
Each episode definitely goes by pretty quick. The cameos are a lot of fun (Fantasy Zone, Alex Kidd, Sakura Taisen (Wars)).

Looking forward to the Space Channel 5 episode next week!
KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

This is just the best series for SEGA fans (not that great for everyone else)! Even the little details like sound effects are nods to the history of SEGA. Cameos by obscure (Prof. Asobin, anyone?) and well-known characters, loads of references to different franchises... loving this too much.
Midwinter
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Midwinter »

KC wrote:This is just the best series for SEGA fans (not that great for everyone else)! Even the little details like sound effects are nods to the history of SEGA. Cameos by obscure (Prof. Asobin, anyone?) and well-known characters, loads of references to different franchises... loving this too much.
I was really curious how this is being received by people who don't have a love for Sega. Like the next episode is featuring Space Channel 5 which when first released on the Dreamcast in Japan barely broke 150,000 in total sales (some historic data shows it didn't even break 100,000 units.

I sure hope it gets enough interest that they can continue the series for a long time!
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

So we're nearing the end of another year in anime/manga. We had some hits, some stinkers and anything else in between. What stood out to yoy though?

For me, Space Dandy was it. Above all else, its art direction is what made me like it more than I thought. That, and the characters. The finale felt rushed as hell, but it was just so in your face it took me a few minutes to take it in.

SeHa Hi-Scool Girls is blatantly SEGA fanservice, but even then.it'sjust so entertaining (imo) beyond that.

What about you all? Discuss your favorites from.this year.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Got to say Space Dandy was my anime of 2014. The various types of animators through its run made for certain episodes standing from out the rest as personal favorites. The episodes themselves didn't really have any sort of connection except the final two, which were actually kinda funny to me.
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Started and finished watching Kill la Kill.

...This show was pretty much the result of Gurren lagann and Panty and Stockings having a child with each other.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

I never like picking anything of the year, mostly because I can never figure out what was the best best and partly because I don't remember everything I watched/played throughout the year.

Notable standouts though are obviously JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Shingeki no Bahamut, and G-Reco.

Excited for next year though as that'll bring us more JoJo and hopefully the new Macross.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

I have to promise myself that I have to watch Jojo in 2015.
SONIC123
Level 1
Level 1

Post by SONIC123 »

In My opinion, Manga has much more detail than anime
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

SONIC123 wrote:In My opinion, Manga has much more detail than anime
Yes but that's because Manga gives much more freedom than anime.