Anime & Manga Discussion

TV, Movies, Music, Books and all that other entertainment type stuff...
kadosho
Level 9
Level 9

Post by kadosho »

Makes me sad, I finally found Cowboy Bebop Remix and Tenchi Muyo Ryo-ohki OVA3 @ bookmans.
But I didn't have enough money to buy them. Sniffles.
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

Oh no....Evangelion 3.0 leaked but the subtitles are horrible apparently. Wish it was May already so I can watch it here in theaters D:

EDIT: Ugh its a cam version and for some reason they pulled off a Tom Hooperand filmed it sideways..Yea im waiting for the theater release...
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Finished Panty and Stocking with Gerterbelt and boy... that ending was one hell of a mind rape. It just came out of the blue and I find trouble believing that ending. I also don't see a Season 2 being formed since 2 years have passed since the confirmation and yet nothing so yeah...
Still a good anime though(if you can really even call it ANIME). It had it's fair share of awesome and badass scenes and god were the sexual references and parodies of Western pop culture enjoyable and hilarious.

Well, after finishing that, started Familliar of Zero. It's an alright show, and sorta reminds me to Toradora(especially the characters) but there are things that just piss me off about some of the characters. Especially Lousie. Boy is she a B***h... I also can't help but feel that the romance is a bit rushed but meh. I'm on the second season as we speak.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

RWDebara wrote:Oh no....Evangelion 3.0 leaked but the subtitles are horrible apparently. Wish it was May already so I can watch it here in theaters D:

EDIT: Ugh its a cam version and for some reason they pulled off a Tom Hooperand filmed it sideways..Yea im waiting for the theater release...
Bah! Patience, lad! You'll see it soon enough. I'm trying to avoid too much plot information so I can dive into it fresh when it comes out on Blu-Ray here in the UK.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

I hope the Eva films end with the Congratulations ending.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Reknoc wrote:I hope the Eva films end with the Congratulations ending.
That combined with a Shinji/Kaworu ending would make my day.

And ruin a lot of other people's, which is even more delightful.

Edit: Forgot about my avatar when posting that. I'm not creepy, I swear.
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

Quills on Wheels wrote:Finished Panty and Stocking with Gerterbelt and boy... that ending was one hell of a mind rape. It just came out of the blue and I find trouble believing that ending. I also don't see a Season 2 being formed since 2 years have passed since the confirmation and yet nothing so yeah...
Still a good anime though(if you can really even call it ANIME). It had it's fair share of awesome and badass scenes and god were the sexual references and parodies of Western pop culture enjoyable and hilarious.
Are you still thinking of the art style as "not anime"?
ozzypt
Level 10
Level 10

Post by ozzypt »

Reknoc wrote:I hope the Eva films end with the Congratulations ending.
Maybe it will.
Kaito-kun wrote:That combined with a Shinji/Kaworu ending would make my day.

And ruin a lot of other people's, which is even more delightful.
Evil Kaito is evil.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Dr Shaneman wrote:Are you still thinking of the art style as "not anime"?
Well it would be a lie if I said it looks more like a Cartoon Network show. But it makes sense since the anime is a parody of those sort of shows. But the art style doesn't bother me at all. It's enjoyable and adds to the humor. Plus it still has its moments of sassiness and fan service with the proper sort of anime art.
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

Quills on Wheels wrote:Well it would be a lie if I said it looks more like a Cartoon Network show. But it makes sense since the anime is a parody of those sort of shows. But the art style doesn't bother me at all. It's enjoyable and adds to the humor. Plus it still has its moments of sassiness and fan service with the proper sort of anime art.
Anime has stereotypical art but not official "anime art".
So you can't say it isn't anime because it's drawn differently to what you're used to.