Anime & Manga Discussion

TV, Movies, Music, Books and all that other entertainment type stuff...
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Anime & Manga Discussion

Post by Kaito-kun »

A place to talk about any anime or manga you're currently working your way through or if you just want to vent your frustration about a topic relating to this topic area.

A few extra rules though, in addition to standard forum rules:

NO SPOILERS - By spoilers I mean any plot device that may spoil someone's future enjoyment of the series. Please use the "
Click to reveal
Rayne
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Rayne »

Anime = Lame
Manga = Great.

There we go :)
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

Manga wise im rereading The Melancholy Of Haruhi Suzumiya (whenever i buy a new volume i always reread all the previous ones :P )

yeah its not the best but its the 2nd proper jap anime show i watched so will always have a place

Other manga is Nazo no Kanjo X (Mysterious Girlfriend X) epic manga is epic
Its a story about 2 hi school students who have a unique bond & the bond is found out in a rather weird way, shes mysterious as shes the quiet girl of the class & no-one knows what goes on in her head

i'd reccomend it, TKTranslate are scanlating it and they do a good job

as for Anime, ive found myself rewatching Death Note + Excel saga, Death note has me hooked, i cant stop watching, excel saga is just lulzy :')
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Matty wrote:as for Anime, ive found myself rewatching Death Note + Excel saga, Death note has me hooked, i cant stop watching, excel saga is just lulzy :')
Oh God, Excel Saga...Never did see the last few episodes, the series had some great moments though ("I AM A...CIVIL SERVAAAAAANT!!!") the manga is a bit mediocre though.
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

Im slowly making my way through One piece for the first time. Im at the bit where they get to Sky island. I found it hard to get into at first but im staring to like it now.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

I've got the Death Note manga and anime series (well, save for the last Death Note anime DVD, Mena's getting me that).

Not read any of it yet, mind, but I have them.

I'm finding myself getting into the more mature end of the anime market. Having previously disliked it, as well as manga, I now own Devil May Cry on blu-ray, 4 of the 5 Death Note DVDs, the entire Death Note manga, the Street Fighter films and the two GitS films. Wanting the series, but isn't that a bit long?

Also wanting the Street Fighter anime, which I don't believe came out here, and Z.O.E. Not sure if that's any good, though.
JoeMusashi
Level 1
Level 1

Post by JoeMusashi »

Sailor Moon subbed is completely different from Sailor Moon dubbed. Different music, scenes, and character impressions...it's almost like watching a new show. I've also been watching Gundam Wing and occasionally Ranma 1/2.

RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

Full Metal Alchemist ended.

NOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

Kaito-kun wrote:Oh God, Excel Saga...Never did see the last few episodes, the series had some great moments though ("I AM A...CIVIL SERVAAAAAANT!!!") the manga is a bit mediocre though.
i'd rather read the manga after seeing the first 15 or so epps..... why?

THE ACTOR WHO REPLACES EXCEL IS SHIT/UNFITTING

also the original actor starred in the best anime EVAH!.... Dragon Half <3 :wub: :wub:
INeedFruit
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by INeedFruit »

I’m actually making my way through Naruto Shippuden after blitzing Naruto at Uni, I’m enjoying but I’m getting flashbacks of DragonBall Z where I seemingly waste an hour on people stood around talking. When they do get to it its quite good, also a friend recommended Eureka 7 which is turning out to be a bit of a Gem!
Host of ClubSEGA - A show about the arcade scene and SEGA arcade games.
Wednesday at 8pm UK/WET - 9pm CEST- 3pm EST - 12pm PST