What Are You Playing Now?

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

If you use a continue in Deathsmiles it doesn't actually continue the score you accumulated in the credit before. It might remember the score for the first credit, and then when you finish it lets you enter a name for that, or resets the score and the last credit you use is the one you enter into the highscore table - I can't remember exactly which way round it is in that game.
Tic Tac, sir?
Rayne
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Rayne »

Killer French Bread wrote:If you use a continue in Deathsmiles it doesn't actually continue the score you accumulated in the credit before. It might remember the score for the first credit, and then when you finish it lets you enter a name for that, or resets the score and the last credit you use is the one you enter into the highscore table - I can't remember exactly which way round it is in that game.
Yeah, I got to chapter 2-1 before needing to use my first continue (C-1, C-2, A-2 I think I chose...)
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

You should be able to beat the first 6 stages on level 1 with a bit of practise - there's 2 extends which make the game easier. Then you need use training to learn the last level (just skip the bonus stages at first), which is probably harder then the first six put together.

It's not too hard though as long as you don't bomb Jitterbug so you get the cake (2 extends) and then you can bomb the hell out of the last boss for an easy 1cc. good luck.
Tic Tac, sir?
Rayne
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Rayne »

I have trouble on the stages where you're made to scroll vertically, the extra stage & last stage are absolutely fucking mental. I can't imagine how anyone could get through that without dying.

I've been playing on Level 3 so far, hoping if I get used to that then I can drop to 1 and feel awesome :P
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

The extra stage is actually harder than the last stage in my experience. I wouldn't bother with it until after you can beat the game in one credit and want to use it increase your score.
Tic Tac, sir?
Rayne
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Rayne »

30 minutes into Fable III and I'm already disappointed in it. How can it look WORSE than Fable II? It really looks like mince, glitchy, overly-shiny and not nice.

Then there's the choice system, as blatantly obvious and in your face as it's always been. Watch the survivors die or the girl you're supposed to be in love with? Well had I had more than 2 minutes to form some sort of attachment to her that might have been difficult, as it was it was a quick press of the A button for some good guy cred.

And no, that's not really a spoiler as it happens in the first 5 minutes of gameplay :/

Ugh, here's hoping it brightens up.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Rayne wrote: Then there's the choice system, as blatantly obvious and in your face as it's always been. Watch the survivors die or the girl you're supposed to be in love with? Well had I had more than 2 minutes to form some sort of attachment to her that might have been difficult, as it was it was a quick press of the A button for some good guy cred.

And no, that's not really a spoiler as it happens in the first 5 minutes of gameplay :/
I saved the girl. But I'm completely heartless.
Blue_Tail_Fox
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Blue_Tail_Fox »

Well, tomorrow (still June 22 here) I'm going to play through Sonic 1, 2, and 3 & Knuckles to celebrate Sonic's 20th Anniversary. Then I'm going to try to play through all of Sonic Colors and Sonic Adventure 2: Battle.

So yeah, gonna be playing Sonic for a while.
Rayne
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Rayne »

Kaito-kun wrote:I saved the girl. But I'm completely heartless.
It's starting to get a bit better. The world's opened up a tad more and there's various distractions to keep me busy. I did laugh at the chicken side quest, the wording on that was pretty clever.

Combat isn't as good as in the previous game though, it doesn't feel as fluid. Enemies don't seem to recoil all that much either. Makes it harder but unfairly so
Rayne
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Rayne »

Just played through the trial of Hydrophobia on XBLA. Ehhh. I love the setting, the terrorist idea of 'save the world, kill yourself' is very cool indeed. That said, the game just doesn't play that well. It feels clunky and jerky, the voice acting is horrendous and my biggest nitpick - for someone that suffers from hydrophobia the main character sure has no bones about swimming like a pro. Very odd