What Are You Playing Now?

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Alpha Dog 1996
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Alpha Dog 1996 »

I'm actually playing Sonic Before The Sequel
kadosho
Level 9
Level 9

Post by kadosho »

Booted up my Gamecube, made some new saves for all my games. Ahh memories. But wow the colors!? My tv displays some sharp stuff from the lil guy. Humbled.

Right now patching up some of my games on my PS3. Turns out the Network altogether is down. But patching Metal Gear Rising. Oddly enough that's all I really can do. ^^;
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Brought Ryu off of Smash 3DS...so I've been trying him out.
KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

Finally being able to use my right hand to do some gaming, so finally opened up Yoshi's Woolly World. Cute and nice. Nothing groundbreaking but I'm enjoying the tight controls and general idea behind the game. Soundtrack's also a plus.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Back on the Final Fantasy XIV train now that Heavensward is out. Blitzed through all the vanilla game content I needed to do and finally into the expansion stuff. It's really fantastic so far, areas are bigger , main story is better, flying is super fun as is exploring the maps to unlock it, the first new dungeon I did was good, and the music is phenomenal. It's still easily one of the best Final Fantasy games out, especially recently (not a hard feat mind).

edit: also picked up the Attack on Titan game on 3DS that just came out. It's surprisingly good, has a few problems with clunky camera and ground controls but man it really gets the feels down of the 3D gear things and slashing titans. Not even the biggest fan of the series anymore when it decided to keep regurgitating them same awful twist but I'll never deny that I've always wanted this sort of game. The story mode is whatever, abridged version of the series with cutscenes from the anime and an interesting choice of playable characters (Eren, Mikasa, and Levi seem obvious but I don't know who in their right mind would ever want to play as Armin, Sasha is playable as well but everyone loves her so that's not suprising). The real meat and potatoes (heh) though is in the mode you unlock later called "world mode" it basically turns the game into a typical portable multiplayer RPG where you can level up your character and base to get new equipement and items.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

KC wrote:Finally being able to use my right hand to do some gaming, so finally opened up Yoshi's Woolly World. Cute and nice. Nothing groundbreaking but I'm enjoying the tight controls and general idea behind the game. Soundtrack's also a plus.
Yeah, Mena's just started playing this and I'd have to agree - it's not going to change the world of platform gaming, but the soundtrack is up there with some of Ninty's best. Certainly makes up for Yoshi's New Island, in any case...
Alpha Dog 1996
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Alpha Dog 1996 »

I've gotten into playing Minecraft again with friends on their server
Awinnerwasyou
News Team
News Team

Post by Awinnerwasyou »

Currently playing through the Shadow Warrior reboot. Quite good actually, though I find the Shaman enemies cheap as hell. They summon tons of enemies that can easily overwhelm you, take a ton of bullets to kill and even have a shield to protect themselves from damage. Not fun. Otherwise, I'm enjoying it.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

My friend bought me Ark Survival Evolved for my Birthday so I've been giving that a go for the last couple of days now. It's not baaaaad but... I don't see what all the hype is about either. It's pretty much any other survival game with dinosaurs slapped onto it and it's soooo buggy and baaaad. I know it's Early Access but I'm not a fan of the early access culture.
Like I really want to like this game, but all I can see is another game that'll become like DayZ or Starbound because people fed the devs all their money when it was still in early access so the devs could no longer be stuffed fixing their game up. The trees sink into the ground for crying out loud! Surely you could fix that easily but updates after updates it seems like the game just keeps on getting new items and features instead of fixing and polishing the ones it already has.
Alpha Dog 1996
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Alpha Dog 1996 »

I'm playing Sonic the Hedgehog 1 now. It's a lot of fun! I am on Labyrinth Zone Act 2.
There can be only one Sonic! Metal Sonic is the real Sonic! Long live Metal Sonic!
Metal Sonic is the best! Death to all who oppose Metal Sonic! Metal Sonic rocks!