What Are You Playing Now?

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Been playing some Fable 3 which I've had for ages but never put much time into. It's... interesting to see how they attempted to dumb down an already pretty dumb franchise. Not only that but also taking basic things that previous Fable games had already done... reasonably okay, and changing them in ways that just leave you wondering how anyone thought they were a good idea. Shops? Terrible, Leveling? Literally gated, NPC Interaction? Linear while still reliant on use of expressions, and the crowning piece of bad design; the inventory system where you warp to a separate space and have to walk around just so you can change your characters equipment. Still trying to work out what potions or gifts I have in that ridiculous inventory system, going to guess there isn't because its a massive piece of shit.
Chukapi wrote:Huzzah! Theatrhythm Curtain Call arrived today!! :D Loving it so far, especially the Quest mode (for the most part...*grumbles about being made to play FF13 songs from time to time*).

Managed to unlock Yuna, Zack, and a few others so far. Still waiting to unlock Balthier...he will be mine......

balthier you say?

drive16bit
Level 2
Level 2

Post by drive16bit »

Been playing The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap on the GBA for a few days.
It is like a modernized The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past from the SNES.
Definitely worth playing!

Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Been playing Middle-Earth: Shadows of Mordor which is, for better or worse, basically just Arkham City which sadly does nothing for me as I've played Sleeping Dogs and find that does the Arkham style of combat better than the Arkham games.
Buta
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Buta »

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call arrived in the post yesterday so I've mostly been playing that atm. :3
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

Quills on Wheels wrote:[video=youtube;xIRPcICB-iY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIRPcICB-iY[/video]

Hadn't played RA3 for a while. got back into it because I felt like I needed some new RTS other than Age of Empires while I waited for the new Civilisation.
Has it really been 6 years since this was uploaded? I feel so much older than i already do...
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Matty wrote:Has it really been 6 years since this was uploaded? I feel so much older than i already do...
Wow you're right. Not that I feel old but damn the game sure doesn't feel 6 years old.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

So for whatever reason SEGA decided to release the Alien Isolation early on Steam, had a quick play of it about an hour and a half and so far i'm impressed. All I've seen of the Alien so far is it's tail poking out of a dudes torso briefly in one cutscene. It's definitely doing a good job of building up its atmosphere. Right now I need to make my way to the comms rooms while also hiding from the remaining residents of the space station who are pretty crazy and trigger happy from fear. This might not only end up being the best Alien game but also the best -Shock game since System Shock 2 lol
Dragonblaze123
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Dragonblaze123 »

I bought a load of PS2 games from my (not so) local retro games store and ebay a few weeks ago, so I'm just burning through those. At the moment I'm playing Persona 4, great J-RPG; I wish that I'd gotten in to the SMT games a long time ago. I feel cheated out of an experience that I would have loved. :P [video=youtube;h73LvR8V2LA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h73LvR8V2LA[/video]
kadosho
Level 9
Level 9

Post by kadosho »

MGS Peace Walker = Currently on Chapter V Outer Heaven At the moment I am trying to trudge through extra ops to unlock more "hide and seek" missions versus a certain character.

Zone of the Enders =Trying to tackle the EPS mission, but wandering to obtain items from other areas. I haven't played this game in years

Bayonetta = Still trying to obtain Non-Stop Climax, but hard mode knocked the wind outta me. Taking a breather, but going to try again soon.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Gone back to Civilization V Brave New World.
I'd stopped playing for a while because of other games and school. But I wanted to get back into it. I never really gave Brave New World a try. Was playing much more when I only had Gods and Kings. Fun game but man it takes too long lol.