Sonic the Hedgehog 4

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Sonic The Drunk
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Sonic The Drunk »

I wonder what will be the best version. I have both a PS3 and 360.

No Regrets!
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

The only thing that's making me wary that I didn't know until earlier today is that there's only 4 levels in it which I think is a pretty poor amount of content for a 1200 points/£10.
ShadowPhantom
level 11
level 11

Post by ShadowPhantom »

4 zones, three acts each. I think it's an okay deal. I admit, it could be cheaper, but hey, ya deal with what ya got.
Shadid

Post by Shadid »

Well, you gotta admit, not EVERYONE will be a speed runner, hence why the high price point. Even with 12 acts. Plus the boss and special stages.

And yes, I bought Adventure, but my PSN wallet is short only by 86 cents. It's like a massive bird flipping.

Still, can't wait for it to come out, and if it's better like the TGS demo, then ladies and gents, Sonic 4 will be THAT sequel to S3&K.
I live here now!
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Eh.

I will buy this (presuming SEGA don't wing a code over), and I'm gonna review it for RS, but I can't get my head around the price.

As richarddavies mentioned, 1200 points is an awful lot for what's there. 4 levels does constitute around 3/4 of a normal Sonic game, but even if you don't speedrun, I can't imagine the game would take any longer than 2-3 hours to complete.

Is 2-3 hours of gameplay worth 1200 points in this day and age? Can't say it does. As a counter argument, Sonic Adventure was released earlier this month for 800 points. Granted, you can upgrade to the DX version for an extra 400, and it's a port of an 11 year old title, but the core gameplay offers more gameplay for less.

It doesn't make any sense. No matter how good the game actually is, I fear the price point is just too high. We'll see.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

I'm in no rush for this. Knowing my luck they'll release all three(?) episodes for £10 each then a month later release a complete bundle version on a disc based medium or download for a lower price.
KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

Can't say I'm surprised about the price. I really saw this coming a mile away... SEGA milking the cow as always. And it's good for them! :P
I'll probably be buying this on release day but I'm not very happy about the gameplay/price ratio here. Just like Gavvie stated, even if you're not a speedrunner, even Sonic Adventure has more to offer than Sonic 4-Episode 1. 4 levels and some special stages... doesn't sound that BIG to me.
Yeah, I'm that kind of silly person - I don't agree with the price, but I'm probably going to pick it up at launch anyway. :P
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

New Trailer showing off Mad Gear Zone
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ndzzIry ... r_embedded
Very nice looks like its based on Scrap Brain Zone and Metropolis Zone which was difficult for me when i was a child.
Looks like it has alot of obstacles, traps, and some retro badniks.
Shockerbey
level 11
level 11

Post by Shockerbey »

here need verified this. thought it was said at e3 he wasnt goin be in it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgweVvsB-nk
KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

Shockerbey wrote:here need verified this. thought it was said at e3 he wasnt goin be in it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgweVvsB-nk
Nope, Super Sonic is in. There's even an achievement/trophy which requires you to clear all acts as Super Sonic. :)

PS: Careful with the grammar! ;)