Sonic Colours

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Sonic Colours

Post by Gavvie »

It's Colours because I'm English. Deal with it, k? ;)

Sonic Colours/Colors was recently announced and trailered for Wii and DS. It seems to be shaping up quite nicely, with the two games looking rather different.

On the Wii side, it's looking a lot like the Sonic Unleashed daytime levels, only better, with a tiny bit more speed and a lot more general control of Sonic as he's blasting through the levels without a care in the world.

On the DS, however, well. Can anybody say Sonic Rush 3? Personally, I don't think it's a bad thing, but it does make me wonder whether it'll be worth owning the two games due to the differences in gameplay, much like people owned the Wii/PS2 version of Unleashed alongside the PS3/360 one.

What about you guys? What're your thoughts?
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Gavvie wrote:It's Colours because I'm English. Deal with it, k? ;)
Hurray! *Gives Gav-Gav a thumbs up*
Gavvie wrote: What about you guys? What're your thoughts?
Wait and see. We don't want to fall into "The Sonic Cycle" now, do we?
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

I know i said Sonic Colours on the DS was sonic rush 3. But i recently say some gameplay on Colours on the DS. It looks like Rush but dosent play like it. There using the touch screen for wisp powers now and there making use of the all famous homing attack. Im pretty sure the vid is on youtube somewhere
BluePuyo
Level 9
Level 9

Post by BluePuyo »

I´m really impressed for what I saw recently (E3), really looking forward to this.
I´m really indifferent about the title. About the gameplay, it´s how the wii ver. of Sonic World Adventure could have been. It has a wonderful environment, surreal, as the Sonic games I like. About the music, I´m expecting, as always, an amazing soundtrack. This one is directly from the japanese site:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIguw9yE0kk

Love it.
Gonic wrote:It looks like Rush but dosent play like it.
This is what I think of the DS ver too.
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

The Wii version looks absolutely beautiful. I can't watch the videos too well as videos don't play that smooth on my netbook, but it's pretty much the daytime stages from Sonic Unleashed, isn't it? I thought Sega said they couldn't do all daytime stages because it would take to long to make a game big enough?
Rayne
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Rayne »

Why can't they call it 'Gears of Call of Halo Sonic' it'd generate more interest then. Colours is a lame title..

As I said before this is going to be glitchy, annoying and extremely dissapointing. I'll be happy to be proven wrong but after Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic 06, Sonic & The Black Knight & Sonic Unleashed, you'll forgive my negative outlook
ShadowPhantom
level 11
level 11

Post by ShadowPhantom »

I think the game looks amazing. The graphics and music are beautiful, and the controls seem easy enough.

I hope to get the Wii version this Christmas. I've been waiting for a game that was basically Unleashed daytime, and it's finally here. Thanks SEGA. Don't let me down.
7Force
Level 10
Level 10

Post by 7Force »

just out of interest Gametrailer have nominated it for a "Best Platform Game of E3 2010 Award" and surprising they said it looked better then Sonic 4.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/best- ... -e3/701256
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Rev-On V5.0
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Rev-On V5.0 »

I gotta say when this game was first shown, I was all "Oh hell yeah! Here we go!!" Ha ha, I always get Excite when the Blue Dude with 'Tude goes on an adventure. From what I've seen since E3, holy cow...I want the Wii version now! Looking forward to sinking my teeth in this!