Sonic 3DS -Working Title-

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Sonic 3DS -Working Title-

Post by Gavvie »

Now then. This could be an interesting topic.

We don't know anything about this, apart from the fact that it was mentioned in the list of titles being currently developed for Nintendo's 3DS console (still don't like that name...)

So, what do you guys reckon it is? Is it a port/remake of one of Sonic's earlier 3D titles? Is it a lazy cash in? Sonic Rush 3D maybe?

Basically, what would you like to see Sonic 3DS turn into, and what do you fear it'll end up being?
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

I actually thought this was another version of Sonic Colours when I first heard it. I mean, they could release Colours in 3D mode just for 3D. But the listing suggests it's a new title on its own.

Sonic Adventure in 3D would be cool.. But since it's coming out on XBLA/PSN, it's unlikely.

The worst case scenario for me would probably be a 3D Sonic Shuffle, haha.

Oh wait, a port of Sonic 3D in 3D!! Just imagine it! :P
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

CapnCloudchaser wrote:Oh wait, a port of Sonic 3D in 3D!! Just imagine it! :P
Oh my! But which soundtrack would they use? Or maybe..they could put them both on, and you could choose which one you prefer!
Rayne
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Rayne »

Sonic might earn the award for being the first game to utilize 3D when it doesn't need it.

Assuming they do a regular lovely side scroller, I suppose a 3D animated background would be all right. When you're belting through stages at 100 mph you don't really want 3D to distract you.

Of course it might be a 3D platformer featuring big the cat, who turns into a werewolf and has a romatic relationship with a human male :I
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Rayne wrote:Sonic might earn the award for being the first game to utilize 3D when it doesn't need it.

Assuming they do a regular lovely side scroller, I suppose a 3D animated background would be all right. When you're belting through stages at 100 mph you don't really want 3D to distract you.
That's the sort of game I thought of when I saw it listed. Then again, SEGA might use their heads and realise that just because the option to use it is there, it doesn't mean they HAVE to use it.

... *Bursts out laughing*
Rayne wrote:Of course it might be a 3D platformer featuring big the cat, who turns into a werewolf and has a romatic relationship with a human male :I
Not even I would buy that.
Rayne
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Rayne »

I remember reading that the head of Sonic Team (or someone similar) had a real affinity for Big The Cat, saying he was misunderstood but a brilliant character and that he'd like to see him used more in future.

...To which every sonic fan groaned.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Kaito-kun wrote:That's the sort of game I thought of when I saw it listed. Then again, SEGA might use their heads and realise that just because the option to use it is there, it doesn't mean they HAVE to use it.
If they did use it, and it was crap, turn the 3D slider down to 2D and play without it. Hardly an issue.
perfectchaos
Level 1
Level 1

Post by perfectchaos »

Haven't there been rumors of a 20th anniversary Sonic game? Crush 40 said they were working on a game that hasn't been revealed yet. I wonder if this game is related to all of this.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

perfectchaos wrote:Haven't there been rumours of a 20th anniversary Sonic game?
Maybe? But let's remember how the 15th anniversary game turned out...
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

This could be anything. I hope its not a remake of anything as Sega should leave the classic sonic games alone. But it will most likly be its on individual game.