Why do IGN and the like give Sonic games a bad rating?

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Option
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Option »

A Sonic hater's response: "Because IGN apparently has good taste, new Sonic games DESERVE a bad rating!"

A Sonic fanboy's response: "Because IGN are biased, they have no idea what they're talking about!"

An objective gamer's response: "Well, reviews are, aside from technical arguments, only expressions of personal opinions. There is no objective way to measure something such as fun."

A conspiracy theorist's response: "Because IGN are paid by big companies to make good reviews for them and make bad reviews for any company not paying."

An Australian's response: "I don't give a shit about this. Fuck off, mate."
"The sub-structure of the universe regresses infinitely towards smaller and smaller components. Behind atoms we find electrons - and behind electrons, quarks. Each layer unravelled reveals new secrets, but also new mysteries."
- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, For I Have Tasted The Fruit
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

Or a cynic's response: "They're just stirring up controversy for hits."
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

CapnCloudchaser wrote:Or a cynic's response: "They're just stirring up controversy for hits."
Pretty sure that's the idiots response, bad games getting low scores isn't stirring up controversy.
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

Sorry, I was more commenting on the articles and news reporting, rather than reviews themselves.

But thanks :P
crippenstation
Level 9
Level 9

Post by crippenstation »

On a side note, the Sonic SatAM DVD was given a poor rating by IGN. I think something IS up...
http://dvd.ign.com/articles/769/769137p1.html
Beware of your mind as it proves you wrong...
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

crippenstation wrote:On a side note, the Sonic SatAM DVD was given a poor rating by IGN. I think something IS up...
http://dvd.ign.com/articles/769/769137p1.html
Damn I was gonna say that at least movie IGN knew what was up, but a 6 is way too high for that crap.