Vanquish

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Vanquish

Post by Gavvie »

Otherwise known as Platinum Games' 4th and final game in their deal with SEGA, this one is a rather delicious looking 3rd person shooter. It's being called a Halo-beater, and with the way it's shaping up it might just get there as well!

The reason I've made the post today is because SEGA announced the official release date in Europe! One day after SEGA Japan announced a release date over there for October 21st, we found out that we're getting it...one day later!...That's October 22nd.

So, what are your opinions on Vanquish? Liked what you've seen so far, or are you still to be won over?
Rayne
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Rayne »

Anyone that thinks this is a Halo beater is a bit deluded. All previews thus far have slated the awkward control set ups, from what I've seen it looks like a regular bullet time game....IN SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE XD
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Rayne wrote:Anyone that thinks this is a Halo beater is a bit deluded.
It's being developed by the Japanese, let's face it, even if it is fantastic some people will still dismiss it straight away because it won't suit the right type of western gamer sterotype that month it's released, you know?
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Well, October does keep it away from Call of Duty and Halo, which can only be a good thing.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

Gavvie wrote:Well, October does keep it away from Call of Duty and Halo, which can only be a good thing.
An early August release would probably have been the best time for it's release, I can't think of a worse time than October; you're right in the middle of the two juggernauts: People will still be playing Halo and they'll decide that their next game will probably be the other one.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Hm, yeah, just had a look on Wiki. Forgot that Black Ops is out in November.

You never know. It doesn't seem to be the kinda game that CoD players would play. Bit quicker and arcadey in comparison. I guess we'll see what happens come October.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

Gavvie wrote: It doesn't seem to be the kinda game that CoD players would play. Bit quicker and arcadey in comparison.
Suddenly my interest in this game has risen sharply...
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Not seen a gameplay trailer? Hang on a sec.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_JWrJDTCjs < Gameplay trailer
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

Gavvie wrote:Not seen a gameplay trailer? Hang on a sec.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_JWrJDTCjs < Gameplay trailer
Game play itself looks nice (almost exactly like Lost Planet 2 which I'm still enjoying) but the plot seems a bit meh.
TF73
Level 9
Level 9

Post by TF73 »

Looking forward to this one! What I have seen so far have impressed me and the gameplay seems to be really fast paced. Seems to be a mix of Virtual on and Gears of War. If the controls are spot on this will be ace.