like to move it?

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Shockerbey
level 11
level 11

like to move it?

Post by Shockerbey »

what first started with wii remote control revolutionizing the game industry, now every generation seven console is jumping on the motion control conga line. But the main question is (E310 based) who utilizes the idea of motion control and has better game ideas?
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

I love that you referred to it as a "conga line".

At the moment I'd have to say Nintendo really, based purely on the games Nintendo have the most interesting line up compared with Move which is lacking direction and Kinect that has direction but may fizzle out if it's banking on the same group of people who thought the PS2's Eye Toy had revolutionary potential.

Although I do love the squishy ball on Move...
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

After seeing Kinect at Eurogamer Expo, I have to say that.

Nintendo clearly have the advantage when it comes to motion controllers, and Sony are trying to tap into that style of control with Move. Microsoft however, are trying something that Sony tried with the EyeToy, exception being that Microsoft seem to have actually grasped the idea and made something that works.

If I had £130 spare, I'd have a pre-order for it. Not even kidding, I'd buy into it because I reckon MS have a winner on their hands.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Gavvie wrote: If I had £130 spare, I'd have a pre-order for it. Not even kidding, I'd buy into it because I reckon MS have a winner on their hands.
The tech may be impressive but thus far it has no exclusive software that has made me say "I have to have that!"
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Well it won't do at launch. Zelda aside, the Wii had next to fuck all as well. Give it time, there's some good stuff coming up.

That said, Dance Central and Kinect Adventures! (the latter of which being bundled with Kinect) do look very good.
Shockerbey
level 11
level 11

Post by Shockerbey »

Gavvie wrote:Well it won't do at launch. Zelda aside, the Wii had next to fuck all as well. Give it time, there's some good stuff coming up.

That said, Dance Central and Kinect Adventures! (the latter of which being bundled with Kinect) do look very good.
gotta admit i like the idea of star wars kinect might b complicated but looks like itll provide a laugh and a half
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

I don't think there are enough 'core' games that appeal to most gamers when it comes to motion games. Many of these games, like Zelda, work perfectly fine without motion controls; I don't think there are many examples of games which are enhanced by motion controls. They still have that novelty feel about them.

The only thing that interests me about Kinect is how you can navigate your Xbox using voice recognition, and also facial recognition. These things I can see having great potential for future games, and future technology as a whole, and that's what I would buy Kinect for. The rest of it needs refining though.

Move is like a better version of the Wiimote. Most people say that Move is a lot more accurate, but I haven't really noticed a difference.
Shockerbey
level 11
level 11

Post by Shockerbey »

CapnCloudchaser wrote:I don't think there are enough 'core' games that appeal to most gamers when it comes to motion games. Many of these games, like Zelda, work perfectly fine without motion controls; I don't think there are many examples of games which are enhanced by motion controls. They still have that novelty feel about them.

The only thing that interests me about Kinect is how you can navigate your Xbox using voice recognition, and also facial recognition. These things I can see having great potential for future games, and future technology as a whole, and that's what I would buy Kinect for. The rest of it needs refining though.

Move is like a better version of the Wiimote. Most people say that Move is a lot more accurate, but I haven't really noticed a difference.

personally im dreading that cause nothern irish people always struggle with voice activated stuff. r accent is gonna cause problems for software developed outside the uk
7Force
Level 10
Level 10

Post by 7Force »

apart from Dance Central and Child of Eden theres nothing on Kinect that makes me want to go out and buy it so i'm gonna keep my cash and wait till the price comes down and when the core games come out for it.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Well, I am still planning on buying a Xbox 360 (Maybe slim) because I NEED a Kinect. But it is not the Kinect that I need, I NEED Sonic Free Riders. It looks awsome! and I also have to get Sonic 06.
I personally say I would like the Kinect. Even though Nintendo is far more advanced when it comes to Motion, I dont like it when you still have to hold something. That would be just like playing with the Remote itself!
The Eye Toy was great because I could move freely without needing to hold something and that is probebly the same with the kinect.