Hidden tv gems

TV, Movies, Music, Books and all that other entertainment type stuff...
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Hidden tv gems

Post by richarddavies »

Have you recently stumbled upon a programme you haven't seen before but think is awesome? Any hidden gems that noone else you know watches? We'll post them on here and share what you like about them.

I recently thought i'd give Dexter a watch. I heard it was good but have only just got round to watching it. It's about a blood splatter analyst/forensics guy for the Miami metro police depatment that moonlights as a serial killer. I've watched all 4 series in about 3 weeks. Im love it like vodka shots and jelly tots.
Rayne
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Rayne »

Without doubt the biggest hidden gem I've seen on TV has to be Firefly. If you haven't watched it, you haven't lived.
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

Red Dwarf

nuff said

shame people today cant see it :( (apart from the "back to earth" which was bad)
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Matty wrote:Red Dwarf

nuff said

shame people today cant see it :(
Actually a few of the classic eps are shown on Dave occasionally; that's how I discovered it. (They only tend to loop the same 10 or so episodes though)

Diagnosis Murder anyone?
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

Dick van Dyke is the shit. I do find it freaky that he's about 412 and he's not dead yet though.
ShadowPhantom
level 11
level 11

Post by ShadowPhantom »

I'm with Rayne and Matty. You definately haven't lived if you haven't seen Red Dwarf or Firefly.

I'd like to add Farscape to the list. Seriously, has anyone here even heard of this amazing sci-fi show?
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

ShadowPhantom wrote: You definately haven't lived if you haven't seen Red Dwarf or Firefly.
Your from the US right?

Didnt the horrendous US pilot put you off? i saw it after seeing the 1st few series & i cringed at it, kudos to you for trying the proper version :D
Rayne
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Rayne »

Oh god I remember Farscape!! Used to be shown on the BBC after they stopped showing The Simpsons. Haven't seen it in years though...I remember there was some old turtle and there was a creepy wrinkly guy...
mazonemayu
Level 9
Level 9

Post by mazonemayu »

Rayne wrote:Without doubt the biggest hidden gem I've seen on TV has to be Firefly. If you haven't watched it, you haven't lived.
seconded, best sf series ever
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Rayne wrote:Oh god I remember Farscape!! Used to be shown on the BBC after they stopped showing The Simpsons. Haven't seen it in years though...I remember there was some old turtle and there was a creepy wrinkly guy...
Oh yeah! All I remember from it though is the guy, the pilot alien, the dreadlock alien, the tiny robot and the pale alien girl.