Final Fantasy XIV

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Nyammy Spoon
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Nyammy Spoon »

Matty wrote:Been given access to the PC beta :D

anyone else been lucky enough to get it?

im unable to play atm as i cant log in im 90% sure my laptop wont handle it (although the qus asked a while ago did fish at my specs)

also signed up for the ps3 one but that isn't out yet :(
Lucky!!! I would've loved to got into the beta :(

I'm really really excited! It's a week and a half away now until release! *SE fan squeal*
I bought Windows 7 and installed it on my iMac via Boot Camp and have run the FFXIV benchmark multiple times just to reassure myself I'll be able to play it.
Oh, and I preordered the collectors edition for the week-early access and that gorgeous notebook so I can parade my geekiness around school. ;)
In regards to my character, as cliche for Japanese people as it may be, I have to be a Miqo'te:

:P
Shadid

Post by Shadid »

I didn't get in the beta, but I got a chance to try it out on PAX last week, and my only problem is the battle system. It was.. kinda dull for a Final Fantasy MMO. (and I did play XI...well, at least once.). But the rest is okay, the cutscenes, the free roam, the character creation, etc.

Resuming, get if if you're sure of it. (meanwhile, I'll wait for Guild Wars 2 and FireFall. <3)
I live here now!
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

I like to give it a play, but my PC would never be able to run it so I'm waiting for the PS3 release instead. Hopefully there will be an open bata for it as well.

Also, whatever happened to the 360 version, was it true that Microsoft threw a fit saying that they had to use the Live servers and/or no cross platform play and as a result Squeenix just said "No, what's the point in an MMO that does let people play with one another, buzz off, you're not gonna pay us off this time either" resulting in it being canned?
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

yeah im sure SE confirmed it on the FF14 Beta forums as some were asking if it was possible to have their access ported to 360/Ps3

Ms being greedy cunts as usual
Nyammy Spoon
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Nyammy Spoon »

Shadid wrote:I didn't get in the beta, but I got a chance to try it out on PAX last week, and my only problem is the battle system. It was.. kinda dull for a Final Fantasy MMO. (and I did play XI...well, at least once.). But the rest is okay, the cutscenes, the free roam, the character creation, etc.

Resuming, get if if you're sure of it. (meanwhile, I'll wait for Guild Wars 2 and FireFall. <3)

I've heard about the 'clunky' feel of the combat system. Is it slow? I hope so because my motor dexterity almost doesn't exist... :wacko: Oh, and I'll definitely be trying Guild Wars 2 aswell. I used to be addicted to the first one ^_^

Well, I heard that the reason FFXI originally wasn't on the 360 was because SE didn't like the idea of players having to pay for Xbox live on top of the actual FFXI fees - I assume they didn't think anyone would bother. So it was decided that FFXI would only need Silver membership.

As for FFXIV... well, history repeats itself ^_^ I can only see it happening at least half a year after the PS3 version's release though. :(

Image VS Image

Bill Gates vs. Hiromichi Tanaka gogogogogogoo!! XD