Sonic fans are starting to annoy me

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

I have a feeling that the game might be launched on Disc or as one big DLC when they launch all episodes. But i'll admit the Episodic thing annoyed me due to having the money when that episode comes out.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Rayne wrote:Well Sonic 4 actually looks pretty good, the only thing making me worry about it is the episodic nature. I'm sure someone said earlier, it's not fun having to buy the game multiple times XP I'd rather drop 15 quid on it total rather than small chapters
The episodic thing is quite annoying. As each episode will probblay cost something like £10. Its having the money to buy it at the time. And money is something i dont have alot of. Otherwise id be going SoS'10 lol
Josh
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Josh »

ShadowPhantom wrote:I'm on Gonic's side. Wait until the game comes out. Then play it and see what you think. You know the phrase "Don't judge a book by its cover"? Well, don't judge a Sonic game based on past failures, and don't judge it before it comes out.
Agreed. Besides, the latest games have some awesome music in them from people like Jun Senoue/Crush 40, and Bentley Jones. There's always a plus side to something that stinks.

Cobra!
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Cobra! »

I was never a big fan of Sonic myself, I love Sonic 3D, Sonic the Fighters, the Sonic Adventures and Sonic Heroes, but that's about it really, I'm more of an AM2 fan.

Those Sonic "fans" annoy me as well, there's just no satisfying them, first, they complain that they're too many characters (If I'm honest, I have to agree with that), but then when Sonic 4 is announced, they complain that there's just Sonic, they can't make up their mind, and now, they're boycotting Sega just because it's using the newer model. To be honest though, I would compromise if I were them, I'd do a 3D model of the original sonic, like they did with the Saturn games.

Although, I have to admit, the other side of the fanbase has it's problems as well, they overate any Sonic game that comes out, but hey, no one's perfect!
Don't you EVER forget the "!" in "Cobra!"! Unless you're refering me as "Cobradabest".
crippenstation
Level 9
Level 9

Post by crippenstation »

I just have to join in on this conversation. Really, the big problem is that many Sonic fans want their games the way they want it and once they have their favorite, they want all their games like that one. SEGA is smart by putting every game different and no two are alike... even the Genesis Sonics have significant differences between each other (First game was more puzzle based, second was more speed, and the third was a mix of the two along with avoiding harmful obstacles). A logical and honest thinker would just play that one game once you have your favorite for the rest of your life and stick with that and rent the rest.

Really, there's only one question anybody should ask themselves when playing a game: "Is this fun?" I mean, a game is just that: a game. Let's not take it THAT seriously.
Beware of your mind as it proves you wrong...
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Saying someone should just stick to one game because they're not happy with its follow ups is probably the fucking dumbest thing I've read. People become fans of something due to many factors but primarily it's the gameplay. Sonic 1-3 are not significantly different to each other, but obviously improvements were made in each one. Those games were fun and if people became fans from them then obviously that's where they'd want to sequals to go. Nobody minds a spinoff that's different but every Sonic game after has been a poorly made mostly Sonic like game with tacked on even worse made gimmicks. Sonic 4 was certainly the right direction to go in, assuming they removed that minecart level.
The Captain
Level 8
Level 8

Post by The Captain »

I refuse to admit that any Sonic games were released after Sonic Adventure 2.

My one exception so far is Sonic Chronicles, but so far (three tries) I've turned it off less than fifteen minutes in.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Another thing that sorta gets on my nerves is people bitching about Sonic's design (eye's are green, legs to long etc) and his voice actors. But tbh you most likly get that with all game franchises...
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Gonic wrote:Another thing that sorta gets on my nerves is people bitching about Sonic's design (eye's are green, legs to long etc) and his voice actors. But tbh you most likly get that with all game franchises...
Not really because other games fans aren't as fucking insane. That said his redesign is rather ass.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Really? It doesnt really bother me...but thats just me lol :P