Sonic fans are starting to annoy me

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Kaito-kun wrote:Someone who constantly whines and complains about something can't really be called a fan of it can they? If it was a band and a person kept saying that all of their albums and concerts are crappy then they would be the complete opposite of a fan, right? So why do these people complain about something so much when no-one is forcing them to like it? If they don't like how Sonic has been over the past few years why don't they just move on and stop bugging everyone?
Exactly what you said. You sumed it up perfectly
Tealer
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Tealer »

That was probably me. *slaps himself*

Sonic 4 isn't really Sonic 4, especially that Dimps messed it up. Supposedly there's a lot of changes happening, dunno what they'll be.

Sorry.
ShadowPhantom
level 11
level 11

Post by ShadowPhantom »

How is it not Sonic 4? Have you seen it? What did Dimps do wrong? I don't see anything wrong with the game.

Play it before you judge it.
Tealer
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Tealer »

ShadowPhantom wrote:How is it not Sonic 4? Have you seen it? What did Dimps do wrong? I don't see anything wrong with the game.

Play it before you judge it.
Have you not heard about the physics issues? The level designs which features speed boosters everywhere? The mine cart level? Or the fact that the game is a blatant rehash of Sonic 1 and 2, with barely anything from S3K as well as music that sounds like dying cats? And then you have those who want Classic Sonic in the game. Also the fact that it's episodic, download-only and an iPhone port got favoured over any other possible system.

I will stick a post-it to my head to make sure that I don't offend the Sonic 4 lovers again. Sorry for the trouble caused.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

SonicEpsilon wrote:Have you not heard about the physics issues? The level designs which features speed boosters everywhere? The mine cart level? Or the fact that the game is a blatant rehash of Sonic 1 and 2, with barely anything from S3K as well as music that sounds like dying cats? And then you have those who want Classic Sonic in the game. Also the fact that it's episodic, download-only and an iPhone port got favoured over any other possible system.
Have you played it?
jessinator66
Level 1
Level 1

Post by jessinator66 »

Play it before you judge it.[/QUOTE]

Well said

Other than 06 which came out four years ago. Most of Sonics current titles are not bad. Unleashed was awsome (Exept for the Werehog :mad: ) And the Black Knight was pretty fun!
And I feel Like Sega can really finish strong here bringing him back to his roots (They did add the homing attack to the mix though). Just add multiplayer and you can have "New Sonic the Hedgehog Brothers" :biggrin:
Tealer
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Tealer »

Have you seen the gameplay videos, leaked or official?
And no, I haven't played it and I won't until I get a modern console.

I just think that Sonic 4 could've been done better. The first episode involves playing five Zones and seven Special Stages that you've played on the Mega Drive. If they at least had some originality. In any case, Sega are making changes to the game.

Also I heard that uncurling makes people rage hard.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

SonicEpsilon wrote:Have you seen the gameplay videos, leaked or official?
And no, I haven't played it and I won't until I get a modern console.
So no, you have not played it. So why are you complaining about it if you've not played it? Furthermore, you also mentioned that you don't have a console you can play it on so why on earth have you been paying attention to information about a game you can't play? Stop whining over something that you have had no first hand experience of and, let's face it, has no relevance to you.

I've been intentionally avoiding gameplay videos for those exact reasons; I saw the teaser trailer, thought "Hmm, that has potential." and now I'm waiting for it's release so I can try it and if I enjoy it, possibly purchase it.
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

I heard they were spending time on fixing the physics, animations, and even sounds. I've seen some of the older videos and I have some faith that the developers are doing what they think is right to recreate the theme of the older games, and whilst the first level does look like a mix of Green Hill and Emerald Hill, I don't think that's always a bad thing, from a nostalgic stand point, plus the other levels seemed unique enough.

However, the concept of 'real' fan is a pointless one. I don't personally like reading/hearing constant criticism and negativity because it gets me down, but fans can't be blind to the problems a franchise faces; if they don't complain about the aspects of a game which are obviously bad, then they'll never get fixed. Doesn't mean they don't love their franchise though.

As a Sonic fan, there were elements of Sonic Unleashed and Sonic 06 that I enjoyed. As a gamer, there were obvious elements of Sonic 06 that were terrible though :P
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Kaito - I think everybody's entitled to their own opinions. Half of the problem in the Sonic community is that everybody's always singing to the tune of "I'm right and you're not".

We have the potential here to have a very good discussion based on this, so the last thing anybody should be doing is saying "You're not allowed to say what your opinion is because..."