Insert Credit(s)

Have something to say, or having any issues? Let us know...
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Insert Credit(s)

Post by Gavvie »

Figured that, seeing as SegaMark signed off of RadioSEGA with a gaming reference, the new owner of RadioSEGA should sign on with one.

Oh yeah, you read that right. Gavvie (aka me) is your new Lord and Leader!

First and foremost, I'd like to reassure you all. RadioSEGA is still going to be RadioSEGA. I'm not going to suddenly change it into The Gavvie Empire or anything daft like that. As Mark said, P7 is still coming. It won't ship with as many bells and whistles as we wanted it to have, but I should be able to add bits in as and when we need them. I stated in my (now lost) Address of 2009 that P7 is worth looking forward to, and it still is. You don't have long to wait.

In that very same Address, I said that 2010 would be our year, and I'm not lying. This year saw us announce live shows, and the addition of Radio Redux to our ranks was a pretty big deal. We still have a couple of tricks up our sleeves, but you won't hear about those just yet. Soon, soon.

My aim is to build RadioSEGA. I feel we deserve to be one of the biggest SEGA fansites on the Internet, and my aim is to help us achieve that. I'll be working on building relationships behind the scenes to make this happen. We're big, and we're getting bigger.

"But Gavvie, what changes are you making?"

Not many. I want to create a Playlist Team. At the moment we have two Playlist Managers who bring all our music in. I want to change that. All of our DJs have access to the RadioSEGA FTP, and are able to upload music as well as download it. They will be allowed to upload music to the FTP, and the Managers (along with myself) will just have to sync it to the actual Playlist. It means less work, and more people to go off and find music.

I'll also be taking a look at the Moderation Team. I'm aiming to make RS bigger, and that means more members will be using our forums. We pride ourselves on our forums, and would love to keep them maintained to our standards. So, I'm going to be looking at promoting a few people who will look after them. If you think you've got what it takes, fire a PM my way.

Forum-wise, I quite like the look that we have at the moment, so a lot won't be changing there. A couple of things might be swapped around, but it'll pretty much stay as it was.

And as for music...new owner, new rules. Kinda. I'm still against the idea of licensed music for obvious reasons, but we will consider music from games that aren't currently on RadioSEGA. I for one will make it a Day One Priority to get Samba de Amigo on. There's already a few tracks thanks to Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing, so that's one.

There'll be more, but we'll go over that in due course.

I'd like to end this blog/post by thanking Mark for one or two things. Firstly - Thanks for giving me this opportunity to take over the site. It's an absolute honour to be given the chance to build this site into what I believe it can become. I promise that I will not let you down. Secondly - Thanks for RadioSEGA. This site is amazing, and it helped to reignite my love for all things SEGA.

Mark's RadioSEGA has set the foundations. My RadioSEGA will build the skyscraper.

All together now - We gonna fry, sky haiiii....!
SegaMark
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by SegaMark »

Damn fucking fine foundations they are too. ;)
GAME OVER, YEAH!
mazonemayu
Level 9
Level 9

Post by mazonemayu »

sounds damn good...The Gavvie Empire :P
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Yeah. The Gavvie Empire's like The Eggman Empire, only not quite so evil or as likely to fail.
ShadowPhantom
level 11
level 11

Post by ShadowPhantom »

I wish you the best. I think you'll be a great leader Gavvie. And thank you SegaMark for creating this wonderful site.
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

I really think this is a positive move, to have someone that is passionate enough to take the site forward.

I'm looking forward to seeing the forum grow as well, as I didn't see what it was like before.
Josh
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Josh »

Gavvie wrote:Yeah. The Gavvie Empire's like The Eggman Empire, only not quite so evil or as likely to fail.
All Hail Gavvie!

Sound Reaper
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Sound Reaper »

My return is nigh......ah a new official owner hehehehe.

*plots to re-nagotiate ThirdMix*
I wasn't going to return until I had something worthwhile to share sooooo....Image
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

Fucking hell things are changing. Even recnoc's back - I thought he was dead.
Tic Tac, sir?
Awinnerwasyou
News Team
News Team

Post by Awinnerwasyou »

Good to have you in charge now, Gavvie. All hail the new Empire!