Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (Series)

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Option
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Option »

It's basically Gem mode from SFxT, just more crazy.
"The sub-structure of the universe regresses infinitely towards smaller and smaller components. Behind atoms we find electrons - and behind electrons, quarks. Each layer unravelled reveals new secrets, but also new mysteries."
- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, For I Have Tasted The Fruit
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

More crazy is what Marvel is about and I imagine people are more accepting towards it than the gem system.

edit: or they probably would be if the MP wasn't busted (also I guess the Vita version allows for card trading?)

I ended up missing the top 16 UMvC3 because I wasn't hype enough to stay up past 3am but I doubt I missed much, just Wesker being Wesker.
Option
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Option »

There's another major gripe I have with H&H mode... which is not being able to play it online with your friends. I mean, I understand the whole team vs. team event thing going on and such, but honestly, why not let people play each other in an environment that isn't affecting the whole team stats stuff? It's just stupid. Alas MvC isn't Ono's project, thus it is treated like shit.
"The sub-structure of the universe regresses infinitely towards smaller and smaller components. Behind atoms we find electrons - and behind electrons, quarks. Each layer unravelled reveals new secrets, but also new mysteries."
- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, For I Have Tasted The Fruit
Shadid

Post by Shadid »

well, what we've seen from vanilla MvC3, what else would we expect?

And I've yet to get Ultimate, but I tried it out already with my Vanilla team (Zero/Spencer/Dante), and it's very different in terms of comboing, even Zero's BnB is different. But Spencer's new move is soooo godlike. <3

also, irrelevant, but this happened last weekend at a local place here:
I live here now!
Crow
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Crow »

I have two teams in UMvC3 at the moment, but the second one is kinda meh.

Team 1: Vergil/Ameterasu/Chris.
Team 2: Dante/Wesker/Viewtiful Joe.

I might just stick to team 1, but I'll replace Chris with Dante.

I also tried getting my brother to play it, but it didn't work out too well. He played the arcade mode, got upto Galactacus and rage quit. He said the game is 'unfair.' He also complains about how Tekken 6 is 'unfair', just because he can't beat Azazel.

Who really plays arcade modes now anyway? Online is where the action's at.

EDIT: 'K so, I've got one team now and scrapped the other one. Vergil/Ameterasu/Dante is my main team now.