Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (Series)

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (Series)

Post by Kaito-kun »

[youtube]oVVT8XadsHk[/youtube]

Announced at this year's San Diego Comic-Con, the official sequel to gaming's greatest crossover gets the Ultimate treatment, as Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 got announced! As we heard, it will have the original 36 characters from the previous version (plus the DLC characters) and have up to 12 new ones, which brings it to 50 characters in total, along with a Spectator Mode, a robust Online mode and rebalanced gameplay with more moves for specific characters (such as Ryu's Hyper Hadouken, which may bounce off walls). I can't say I feel this one. Unless they do something unexpected with it, I won't get it day 1 again. --Shadid

Release dates for UMvC3:
NA: November 15
Japan: November 17
Europe: November 18

Original post for MvC3:

Formally announced at Capcom's Captivate event earlier this year, brought back by popular demand, it's Marvel vs Capcom 3! Due out next March(-ish, no confirmed release date yet) I'm looking forward to this, it looks pretty and hopefully it should be as fun and stylish as previous entries in the series (and it's Japanese flavoured cousin, the fantastic Tatsunoko vs Capcom)

Confirmed Characters thus far include [updated 31/10/2011]:

Marvel:
The Hulk
Captain America
Wolverine
Iron Man
Deadpool
Doctor Doom
Dormammu
Super Skrull
X-23
Spider-Man
Thor
Magneto
M.O.D.O.K
She-Hulk
Storm
Pheonix
Taskmaster
Sentinel
Shuma-Gorath (DLC)
Ghost Rider
Hawkeye
Dr. Strange
Iron Fist
Nova
Rocket Raccoon

Capcom:
Ryu
Chris Redfield
Morrigan
Felicia
Dante
Tron Bonne
Amaterasu
Wesker
Viewtiful Joe
Trish
Chun-Li
C. Viper
Spencer
Arthur
Zero
Mayor Haggar
Akuma
Hsein-Ko
Jill Valentine (DLC)
Strider Hiryu
Firebrand
Nemesis T-Type
Vergil
Phoenix Wright
Frank West

((Note: Bolded characters are from Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3))

Your thoughts? Opinions? Baseless speculation? Write things here, dammit! I'll eat my shoes if Chun-Li and Spider-man aren't in this...

Edit: No shoe eating for me~
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

It's all down to the Capcom characters for me, as soon as Spider-Man is announced that's my entire knowledge of Marvel in the game. Frank West is there so that's at least one cool character (he's covered wars).

BASELESS SPECULATION YOU SAY!!? Phoenix Wright, calling it, and someone from Breath of Fire to piss off the fans (just like Megaman Volnutt)
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

Reknoc wrote:It's all down to the Capcom characters for me, as soon as Spider-Man is announced that's my entire knowledge of Marvel in the game.
Same here really. ^__^""
Reknoc wrote: BASELESS SPECULATION YOU SAY!!? Phoenix Wright, calling it, and someone from Breath of Fire to piss off the fans (just like Megaman Volnutt)
An announcement of Phoenix Wright in the game would make me wet myself with happiness. Wolverine vs Phoenix Wright would be a great match to see: "Graaaaah! I have metal bone claw things!!!" "OBJECTION! I have a pointing finger...OF JUSTICE!"
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

It's a courtroom, a defendent is standing is testifying, suddenly the camera pans to Matt Murdock who's grilling the defendent suddenly "OBJECTION!" the camera zooms with speedline and shit to Phoenix Wright! Then they fight.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

New characters confirmed.

Chun-Li, Doctor Doom and two I've never heard of.
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

Super skrull is quite a weird choice. He was an enemy of the Fantastic 4 in the seventies. He has all of there powers. Was never in the comics that much really, or was very popular either. Trish I know though Never heard of that Li bird though....
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Super Skrull is awfully obscure but I guess it's a way to get the Fantastic 4 powers in without have seperate characters XD Would have prefered Lady over Trish.

Edit: Viewtiful Joe semi confirmed aswell.
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

Amaterasu (the Dog from Okami) and Thor have been accidentaly (probably on purpose) been leaked on Marvel.com with some screenshots.
http://kotaku.com/5593322/marvel-thor-a ... 3/gallery/
Shockerbey
level 11
level 11

Post by Shockerbey »

richarddavies wrote:Amaterasu (the Dog from Okami) and Thor have been accidentaly (probably on purpose) been leaked on Marvel.com with some screenshots.
http://kotaku.com/5593322/marvel-thor-a ... 3/gallery/
fully confirmed at sdcc gameplay video soon i hope. hope they dont make thor too powerful
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

Im going to put this in the rumor catagorie for now but Apparently some German dudes stumbled upon the full character list in the HTML code of the Marvel vs capcom website. Here's the list.
http://www.ripten.com/2010/07/28/rumor- ... -range-85/