Dragon Quest IX

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
JoeMusashi
Level 1
Level 1

Dragon Quest IX

Post by JoeMusashi »

Is anyone planning to pickup Dragon Quest IX. It just launched over the weekend and I am really happy with this new RPG for the Nintendo DS. It has a neat multiplayer mode where you can play with up to 3 other people at the same time inside the RPG.

Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

I hope your DS blows up.

Next Thursday cannot come soon enough, I'm so looking forward to this game it's not even funny but apparently Nintendo hate me and decided to have a completely pointless gap between US and EU release, even worse is it's a big enough gap to be annoying but too small a one to bother importing.
Rayne
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Rayne »

This looked alright except for two issues:

1 - Boring old battle system. I need SRPG/Real Time/some kind of catch to hook me in

2 - Absolutely no one locally to play it with.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Rayne wrote:This looked alright except for two issues:

1 - Boring old battle system. I need SRPG/Real Time/some kind of catch to hook me in

1) Fair enough, if you don't really care for it. It's an incredibly solid battle system though and the Job System is pretty great. I am abit miffed that it shows characters though since Dragon Quest V and IV are amazing partly because of their extreme speeds.

2) You don't have to play the game multiplayer, it's still an amazing single player RPG though. Only thing really suffering from DQs inability to appeal to the west is tag mode and even then it's pretty much postgame stuff which wont matter much to me.

That said I do want to try multiplayer it sounds pretty cool. I'll just harrass my friend to get it and tell him to do the same and maybe set up a DQ day.
JoeMusashi
Level 1
Level 1

Post by JoeMusashi »

Reknoc wrote:I hope your DS blows up.

Next Thursday cannot come soon enough, I'm so looking forward to this game it's not even funny but apparently Nintendo hate me and decided to have a completely pointless gap between US and EU release, even worse is it's a big enough gap to be annoying but too small a one to bother importing.
Ah that is unfortunate. Well I'm certain you will enjoy it when it releases. Please don't say that about my DS :wacko: I just bought it for the release of Dragon Quest IX...I think I would cry if it blew up.
Rayne wrote:This looked alright except for two issues:

Well I actually like the turn based battle system better for handheld games. So you can take your time to decide on the best strategy.

Ah and I know what you mean, I wish I was going to a video game convention like PAX so I could whip it out.

Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

JoeMusashi wrote:Ah and I know what you mean, I wish I was going to a video game convention like PAX so I could whip it out.
I think that all the time.

Oh you meant your DS?
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

F'YEAH!!!!!!!

GAME have dispatched my copy wooo! Might arrive tomorrow.