New Sonic Voice Actors

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
ShadowPhantom
level 11
level 11

Post by ShadowPhantom »

I said Jet's new voice is better because it is. Listen to Jason's Jet voice, then Jet's new voice. You'll see what I mean.

Or maybe you won't. You seem to be a 4kids fanboy. Give the new voices a chance. You'll get used to them eventually.

And no, Shadow's old voice was more dark and angry. He's not supposed to be like that. His new VA makes him dark and mysterious, more ominous, just like David Humphrey did.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

I love Rouge new voice actor. She now longer sounds like a hooker. Listening to Shadows voice again he sounds dark which is good as he is an anti-hero after all. Amy sounds more like a teenager and knuckles sounds exactly the same as before. I just fiind fault with sonic. Could just be me but he sounded like he had more attitude in unleashed. Guess il give it a chance to improve. I did with Jason after all
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Sonic sounds a lot better now. He also has a dryer, more sarcastic sense of humour, which is ace because that's how I imagined him after the Fleetway comics. The fact that his attempts at humour bounce off of Tails is also appreciated.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

I geuss the first Sonic game I played that had voices in it was Sonic Adventure DX and next was Sonic Heroes but in that time I was a kid and didn't see the differences between the voices. Just when I was machuring and I was first understanding the imprtants of voices, I changed to a game with the 4kids voices so it's like I was with them all the time and I must admit, I really liked their voices.

I have played Sonic Riders and and still think Jet's old voice was better. Obviosly both don't seem to be much of a mature thing but his old voice was more grown up and all. The other one also sounded more like how Jet should sound like; kind of evil and wanting to prank.

Knuckles' voice sounds the same but I don't thing he ever used the terms "Man" or whatever. Using these terms does make him look more like a rapper which does suet his Theme songs. But seriosly folks, when did we accept knuckles as a rapper?

I don't mind Shadow's voice but I liked the old one which sounded a lot more darker and evil. The new one does sound more misteries though.

I am willing to give every character a chance but giving some of them, like Jet or Amy will be hard. I will try though.
Wyt3Rabbit
Level 1
Level 1
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Wyt3Rabbit »

I personally have no problem with a changing of the hats as long as they get the attitude right. That was always the biggest point for me.

That, and keeping Jaleel White as far away from a SEGA front mic as humanly possible.
MrEthernex
Level 10
Level 10

Post by MrEthernex »

It wasn't until just now that I found out they changed everyone else's voice (except Pollock). Found this on YouTube that pretty much sums up all the voices.

My opinion: they're all okay except for Amy and Cream. Otherwise, the guys sound like guys and the girls sound like girls and their respective personalities are still there. This cast sounds like one that I can bear listening to (if it wasn't for their hack dialogue).

I'd like to say this in general (mostly towards those who have done it, including myself): Arguing over whose the best voice for each character is kinda pointless. It's like Team Edward vs. Team Jacob: pointless fighting, and both sides look ridiculous defending these fictional characters in the end. What people should do: State your opinion, but don't shoot down others for what they think (Voltaire, bitches) and don't make it a big deal.

Well that came out of nowhere. I'm gonna continue watching the Animal Crossing movie now.
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

MrEthernex wrote: I'd like to say this in general (mostly towards those who have done it, including myself): Arguing over whose the best voice for each character is kinda pointless. It's like Team Edward vs. Team Jacob: pointless fighting, and both sides look ridiculous defending these fictional characters in the end. What people should do: State your opinion, but don't shoot down others for what they think (Voltaire, bitches) and don't make it a big deal.
This is why i say Sonic should NEVER SPEAK. It would save alot of time and money for the game AND for fans to avoid stupid arguments like these.
crippenstation
Level 9
Level 9

Post by crippenstation »

Biggest sonic fan wrote:Amy sound is just totally bad. Her voice used to be annoying but this is just way past annoying.
Ever watched the Japanese version of Sonic X? I want to wear earplugs when watching that with Amy in a scene.

Anyway, Kate's voice for Tails may be the best in the series. Up until now I thought Bradley Pierce had the best voice for him (Sonic SatAM). It'll take some time for Roger to get wet in Sonic's shoes at first though.
Beware of your mind as it proves you wrong...
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

crippenstation wrote:Ever watched the Japanese version of Sonic X? I want to wear earplugs when watching that with Amy in a scene.
*checks on YouTube* Ahhh, my ears... yep you win.

It would be funny if they bring back Urcle from SatAM to voice Sonic.
Wyt3Rabbit
Level 1
Level 1
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Wyt3Rabbit »

Biggest sonic fan wrote:It would be funny if they bring back Urcle from SatAM to voice Sonic.
Yep. That would be Jaleel 'will ruin your eardrums for food' White.