New Sonic Voice Actors

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

New Sonic Voice Actors

Post by RWDebara »

SEGA just announced new voice actors for characters in the Sonic Franchise.

http://blogs.sega.com/usa/2010/07/15/ou ... hedgehogs/

Right now they only announced 3

Roger Craig Smith is now playing Sonic. He has played Chris Redfield from RE5, Ezio from Assassin Creed 2, and Seigfried Schtauffen from Soulcalibur IV. He also played many characters from animes, best known for some voices in Naruto and Bleach.
He has also played characterfs from SEGA games like Valkyria Chronicles,Crazy Taxi,MADWORLD, and Resonance Of Fate

Kate Higgins is now playing Tails. She has played roles in SEGA games (Valkria Chronicles, MADWORLD) She is best known for Sakura from Naruto.

Mike Pollock will remain as Dr.Robotnik. Im glad they kept him, i think his voice fits Robotnik perfectly.

So what do you guys think? This series has always been plagued with horrible voice talent will this change that? Who knows

Im curious about tails new voice since he always had a terrible voice actor since the 90's. Roger seems experience, and i enjoy Mike Pollock work on the Soinc franchise.
MrEthernex
Level 10
Level 10

Post by MrEthernex »

I just found out about this through Twitter.

In my opinion, Mike Pollock fits Eggman well, and I can kinda see Kate Higgins doing Tails, but I'll just have to wait and see on Roger Smith. I had to go on YouTube and find vids of him to hear him, and I was like, "I can't really tell."

And I was just getting used to Jason Griffith. Some still don't like him, but he has improved since he had first started.
ShadowPhantom
level 11
level 11

Post by ShadowPhantom »

Seriously?! I actually liked Jason Griffith as Sonic! Wait, if Jason isn't doing Sonic anymore, then who is voicing Shadow? Is it still Griffith? Are they keeping Dan Green as Knuckles? Will Amy's voice stay the same?

If they are changing the voice actors again, why didn't they just bring back the old cast? I mean come on! Why did they need new voices?! I liked the current cast!

EDIT: Just listened to Roger. No. I cannot see him doing Sonic's voice. I can see him doing Shadow though.
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

MrEthernex wrote:I just found out about this through Twitter.

In my opinion, Mike Pollock fits Eggman well, and I can kinda see Kate Higgins doing Tails, but I'll just have to wait and see on Roger Smith. I had to go on YouTube and find vids of him to hear him, and I was like, "I can't really tell."
And I was just getting used to Jason Griffith. Some still don't like him, but he has improved since he had first started.
Agreed.
Jason has been getting better as time went by playing as Sonic but when he voiced other Sonic characters like Shadow and Jet it was horrible.
ShadowPhantom wrote: If they are changing the voice actors again, why didn't they just bring back the old cast? I mean come on! Why did they need new voices?! I liked the current cast!
Why? Because Sonic fans bitch about everything and one argument that their still having is Jason vs Ryan.

And the old cast was just as bad i dont know why people defend them. They said they liked their job more and they were more energetic but their voices was still horrible.

I personally think none of the characters should speak.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Pretty much non-news for a series that shouldn't even have any talking, but they've both done decent jobs in their other roles. Though not even a quality voice actor can save shit writing.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

I've never heard of any of these people.
Tic Tac, sir?
Rayne
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Rayne »

The new Sonic actor should be interesting, he's a fairly good actor
Sancho
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Sancho »

Killer French Bread wrote:I've never heard of any of these people.

Mike Pollock too?
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

I only know voice actors if they are famous people for doing other things too. Like when Mark Hamill was the voice for some guy in Yakuza, I knew who people were talking about then.
Tic Tac, sir?
jessinator66
Level 1
Level 1

Post by jessinator66 »

Really?!!! :blink: Mike Pollock Is so awsome. I tried to find most of them on facebook, Hell I did the same thing for the cast of DBZ tho. :blush: P.S. You can friend Mike Pollock on facebook one of the few that are not faked or at least he is a good faker. Follow the wonderful link: http://www.facebook.com/itsamike :biggrin:
P.S. Try Dan Green his faker's are funny like the Dan Green Quote of the month Follow this one for Dan Green: http://www.facebook.com/itsamike#!/page ... all&ref=ts :P
Star Wars, Star Trek, Sonic the Hedgehog, Star Fox Dragon ball and Nexon Games. Yes I am a turbo nerd!!!

Jesse's favorite quote of the week:
The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog

Dr. Robotnik- Snoopingas usual I see!