1 vs 100 Cancelled

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
jessinator66
Level 1
Level 1

Post by jessinator66 »

Reknoc wrote:If they do follow up with something you can bet your ass it'll be 800/1200 to buy.

Sad but true Microsoft loves their income. And they just love screwing over consumers to get it. Don't get me wrong I love my XBox 36:wub: but if I didn't pay for Live that piece of shit would be far less entertaining. Half of the good games screw you over if you don't have Live. Some of them even make you pay for stuff they release the week after the game comes out. That should have been in it from the start (Fallout Excluded it was well worth It) then have the nerve to ask for money for it. Next thing you know Microsoft is going to be selling the Xbox 360's "Cords" seperatly!

I remember my PS2 online was fun and free "Star Wars Battlefront 2" and "US Navy Seals Combined Assult" other than a few little annoying brats It was fun same thing on Xbox exept it's not free! :(
I undrstand they have to make money we all do but this is insane for a fee I would think it would be in their best intrests to please their customers.

At least have a poll! :unsure:
Star Wars, Star Trek, Sonic the Hedgehog, Star Fox Dragon ball and Nexon Games. Yes I am a turbo nerd!!!

Jesse's favorite quote of the week:
The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog

Dr. Robotnik- Snoopingas usual I see!
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Microsoft isn't to blame for the price or quality of DLC nor is it platfrom exclusive that's entirely down to the publisher. They do need to make money because servers are a constant drain, is it abit dickish to remove access to a major feature for people who don't pay? Yes, but it works. Hell look at PSN+ it's barely even worth it, you'd have to be pretty insane to actually pay for that but they would if they needed it to play Killzone or Resistance online.
Rayne
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Rayne »

Reknoc wrote: Hell look at PSN+ it's barely even worth it, you'd have to be pretty insane to actually pay for that
*raises hand* I'm insane then.

Removing 1 v 100 is a huge shame as it was one of the few things that justified a Gold Membership.

For me the absolute pinnacle of MS's complete dick headedness was them refusing to offer the iplayer because they ahd to offer it to both silver & gold members.
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

Reknoc wrote:Hell look at PSN+ it's barely even worth it, you'd have to be pretty insane to actually pay for that but they would if they needed it to play Killzone or Resistance online.
im also insane

well will be, i intend to buy it for teh free ps1 games :3
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Thats a shame. Me and my family would have it on helping each other with the questions to try and be the 'one' or in the mob lol :P Ah well shit happens
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Matty wrote:im also insane

well will be, i intend to buy it for teh free ps1 games :3
Is that one of the free ones you keep or the free ones you constantly pay for?
Rayne
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Rayne »

Reknoc wrote:Is that one of the free ones you keep or the free ones you constantly pay for?
Somewhat OT but I'll do it anyway

£10 gets me 3 PSN games, 3 PS1 Classics, 6 Minis, 3 Full Game Trials & a bunch of DLC Packs, themes and avatars for three months.

£10 would get me 1 and a half games out of blockbuster

£10 would get me two months of online play on the 360, which I get for free on the PS3 :P
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

In the long run it'd just be cheaper to buy the games.

Edit: I should probably explain that I'm not against the idea of PSN+, just that right now it doesn't actually improve PSN at all. Dump in some features like crossgame chat, custom soundtracks for all games, maybe make trophies better organised, speed the thing up, then we'll talk and I'd get all that "free" shit aswell.
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

I stopped played 1 vs 100 ages ago, after Microsoft told me I wasn't eligible for a prize I won, when I'm pretty sure I was :\

Kinda put me off, but before that I actually enjoyed it. My hubby and house mate would sit around and all take part, and it was really exciting when I did actually 'win'!

As for PSN+, I personally think it's a waste of money, but my hubby is a big Sony fan, so there was no stopping him from getting it. He says he doesn't know what he thinks about it until future deals become available, so... >_>
Adam Novagen
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Adam Novagen »

Gavvie wrote:...but as it was so successful, I can't see MS cancelling it without having something of equal or better quality to follow it up.
They followed Windows XP with Vista. 'Nuff said, I'd be worried if I were you guys. ;)