Welcome to RadioSEGA, if you are not a member register today!

RadioSEGA
  • News & Features
  • Playlist & Requests
  • Listen to RadioSEGA
  • Shows & Podcasts
  • RadioSEGA Media
  • Community
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Books!

I read a few Star Wars books a few years back. But I don't read books anymore as I tend to get bored. So I feel more comfortable with a movie. It also takes less time

Host of Saturday Night SEGA Gavvie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Let's restart this conversation, as I'm sure we have more members here who enjoy reading :D

I'd love to get back into reading at some point - I've got a crapload of novels, autobiographies, manga and all sorts to get through. Problem is, I don't really have the time to just want to sit back and chill with a book. Shame really.

Blog Entries

Mostly what I read are graphic novels and books on Martial Arts. Sin City and Watchmen are obvious picks. I've only just recently got into graphic novels though. And for Martial Arts, right now I'm reading alot of Bruce Lee's material.
    Have you heard my remake of Spring Yard Zone? No? Check it out here: http://soundcloud.com/wrathoskvro/spring-yard-remake

fav color is BLUE!!!!!!

oh i dunno fics i guess...

I really like stuff like harry potter and narnia (favs: harry#4 & narn#2)

and of course i've had my fill of manga and anime (go pokemon & SonicX!)

Blog Entries

Just read The Kite Runner in AP English class....though I have read the novel before....really powerful stuff in there...makes one think radically about one's interpretation of a place...

Eh...I'll add more when I get the chance...
    RadioSEGA member since October 2010 wew

I read The Kite Runner two years back. I really enjoyed it . I read all kinds of books except for autobiographies. Not really a big fan. I'm more into crime genre James Patterson is my favourite author ever I'm currently reading Inheritance by Christopher Paolini, but I won't get to enjoy the book because I have to study for exams

Ahh, the Kite Runner. I was gutted when they cut my favourite characters from the book from the film version - Mr and Mrs Nguyen.

Blog Entries

I LOVE the Kite Runner! Easily a book I could pick up on reading again.

For another highschool-level book I've read, it Brave New World. I liked the twisted concept of utopia as descibed by Huxley.
    Click to reveal
    Last edited by Kaito-kun; 12-12-2011 at 21:37. Reason: Added spoiler tags

Blog Entries

Reviving this thread!

I've read a lot of books, but most of it's just stuff aimed at kids and teenagers.

One of my favourite series, which I read a few books of, is The Quentaris Chronicles. It's written by several different Australian authors. I reckon it's what got me into fantasy. I also loved reading anything by Paul Jennings, the Australian author. He also co-wrote Deadly! with another author, Morris Gleitzman. It was a six-part story and I had all of the books into one huge one. It was an awesome story and I really enjoyed it.

Blog Entries

Started reading this novel my neighbor lent me; Heart Shaped Box by Joe Hill. At first the premise seemed as basic; an avid collector buys a suit of an fake eBay site. Normal right? Nope - he was tricked into buying the thing by some woman who had a vandetta against him for causing the death of her sister, whom he lived with.

And wow...this thread is back...yay.