Books!

TV, Movies, Music, Books and all that other entertainment type stuff...
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Books!

Post by Gavvie »

Before we had tellies and games consoles and computers and such like, we had books.

In fact, even after we got tellies and games consoles and computers and such like, we've still got books.

So...what're your fav books? And what types of books do you enjoy reading, if indeed you read at all? If not, why not?
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

Fave childhood book was the adrian mole diaries by sue townsend, still have the compilation now, its fallen to bits but i wont bin it,

now i just read the red dwarf books (own em all i believe ;D) or the haruhi suzumiya novels

also ill occasionally touch some of jeremy clarksons books, some of them make me chuckle
Rayne
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Rayne »

I rarely read....it's just really boring imo. Don't have the attention span to sit down with a book. When I do I enjoy it, but I'd rather be doing something else.

I always loved Ring though, fantastic horror book
sonicfanRICH
Level 13
Level 13

Post by sonicfanRICH »

I used to read Goosebumps when I was younger. I was into scary stories back then and also tried to write my own sometimes. But alas, I'm not much of a book reader, I like pictures more!
ImageImage
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

I've just been given a copy of The Idiot. Don't think I can face it though, 600 pages of inpenetrable Russian literature.
Tic Tac, sir?
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

I used to read loads when I was a kid... But then I discovered video games, and suddenly books were pointless and boring. I haven't read many fictional books in years, I now find it hard to get into them, my attention span can't seem to hack it. I do love reading non-fiction though, articles and self-help books mostly that let me look at the world differently. Started reading a book by Richard Dawkins, and wow, that's heavy going too!

I do own a few fictional books that I want to start reading again, like Dune. This thread may even prompt me. Actually, the last fictional books I did read was the Harry Potter series, as that was petty easy to get into.

I don't really know anything about books, like what is popular, current trends, series, etc. I'm the same way with music; I just don't keep up to date with it.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

I'm quite a fan of reading. The Discworld series is probably my favourite series of books. Right now I'm trying to get through Metro 2033 the book that inspired the game, it's pretty good actually hope the sequal gets translated aswell.
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

I've been reading through the His Dark Materials trilogy by Philip Pullman. I've finished the first two, The Northen Lights and The Subtle Knife and I'm working my way through the last book, The Amber Spyglass.

I had seen the Golden Compass film before, but the end of the book is much different and more dramatic. Really good series so far.
SimonShirley
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by SimonShirley »

Books? What are they?

I haven't read any book from start to finish, either because I don't have the time, or because when I go back to a book, I read back a couple of paragraphs and then get involved in something else, thus reading the same paragraphs over and over again.

There's always something else I should be getting on with.
Long time lurker and sometimes chief assistant. More the former.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

I like a novel now and again, but my short attention span makes it a rarity these days. I'll start a novel but leave it abandoned after a few good chapters. >_<