Pokémon

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Speaking of the filler though; I find the Mystery Dungeon "franchise" to be fascinating It exists almost solely as a spin-off to other franchises. It started as a Dragon Quest spin off back when ChunSoft were still making the DQ games, since then it's been used for Final Fantasy as a series (Chocobo Dungeon), Pokemon as a series (Pokemon Mystery Dungeon) and of course several Dragon Quest related games (either sequels to the original Torneko games or stand alone). It even has one offs for Gundam, TwinBee, and Druaga. The only original series spawned from it is the Shiren the Wanderer games.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Reknoc wrote:Speaking of the filler though; I find the Mystery Dungeon "franchise" to be fascinating It exists almost solely as a spin-off to other franchises. It started as a Dragon Quest spin off back when ChunSoft were still making the DQ games, since then it's been used for Final Fantasy as a series (Chocobo Dungeon), Pokemon as a series (Pokemon Mystery Dungeon) and of course several Dragon Quest related games (either sequels to the original Torneko games or stand alone). It even has one offs for Gundam, TwinBee, and Druaga. The only original series spawned from it is the Shiren the Wanderer games.
THAAAAAAAAAAAAAANK YOU. The only spin-off series these days in the franchise I give a damn about.
BluePuyo
Level 9
Level 9

Post by BluePuyo »

It's surprising that even TwinBee got a dungeon crawler game. I didn't know Chunsoft took part of many series.

It's the only spin-off I played, well, only the first Mystery Dungeon, so I could experience this genre. Since it's known for its supposed brutal difficulty, maybe with Pokemon it would be a little more forgiving, because Pokemon. Before that I was going to get Izuna, but it seemed to be extremely hard. Shiren the Wanderer is another one I wanted to try.

I liked the game, I never played the sequels though.
Starlight
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Starlight »

Didn't Puyo Puyo spin off of their main Dungeon Crawler game, as in the spin off became more famous then it's main series? (I forget the name of it)
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Starlight wrote:Didn't Puyo Puyo spin off of their main Dungeon Crawler game, as in the spin off became more famous then it's main series? (I forget the name of it)
I wasn't aware of that so I looked it up. It is a spin-off though I'm not sure if it's much more famous that puyo puyo. There's a vita game coming out in march, so the RPG series is still going.
TheAzureGuy
Level 4
Level 4

Post by TheAzureGuy »

Don't know if anyone else has heard of this. It's a fan game that came to my attention yesterday, noticing a video about it in my recommended on YouTube. I expected the video to be old, but no, it's rather recent.

It's basically a 3D Pokemon game with cell-shaded graphics, and I have to say it looks aesthetically really nice, the mechanics are currently rather hit-and-miss, but that's to be expected in such an early release. I'll pop the video that perked my interest down here, maybe it'll do the same for you.

[video=youtube;VnvKbQngjQs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnvKbQngjQs[/video]

I'll also put a link down for the moddb page, where you should be able to find a download link,.

http://www.moddb.com/games/pokemon-generations

Thoughts?
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

And here I thought the title reminded me of Sonic Generations *brick'd*

Oh my...never thought I see a Pokemon fangame quite like this. First thing I noticed....the characters can move in all directions. HAHAHA SUCK IT GAME FREAK. (nah I kid, love ya Game Freak~!)
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

TheAzureGuy
Level 4
Level 4

Post by TheAzureGuy »

I'm hoping this goes far and doesn't just die, like every major Pokemon fan game ever. I'm actually nearly as excited for this as I am for X/Y.

I like the little anime quirks too, the Pokemon saying their name as a call, etc. That and I squeed when I saw how you release and return Pokemon.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

...Holy crap. How come I didn't notice this. Why didn't I notice this. I...I...

... :I
TheAzureGuy
Level 4
Level 4

Post by TheAzureGuy »

If anyone HAS downloaded it, let me know, I wish to test out the battling. I'll set up a server and we can give it a shot.